Kokumin-teki Idol ni natta Osana-Najimi ga Boro-Apart ni Sunderu Ore no Tonari ni Hikkoshitekita Ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.1 - 4th Session (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
also God I hate this part of idol culture and hope this whole shit burns and disappear. The lonely idol otaku could go to hell and look other place than real people to do their projections
Sure you can hate but idol culture is nothing more but a business. Exploit guys to always support their "oshi" through merchandise. And exploit girl's desire to want to be famous. Ez revenue.

Also I find it hilarious this girls talking about how serious she is about being an idol when the number 2 idol only has her heart set on one man. Just shits in the face of her beliefs it's hilarious

Dex-chan lover
Sure you can hate but idol culture is nothing more but a business. Exploit guys to always support their "oshi" through merchandise. And exploit girl's desire to want to be famous. Ez revenue.

Also I find it hilarious this girls talking about how serious she is about being an idol when the number 2 idol only has her heart set on one man. Just shits in the face of her beliefs it's hilarious
ok... But business using people as a product is really sick. But well, just one other commercial venture in capitalism

Dex-chan lover

also... I am curious how the main couple would really develop their relation. She will drop the idol stuff?

Dex-chan lover
f7009a001d468d559e805c52f54c41be8be38cce.jpg
1bd88b0d244720764e5d07f62222bacfb89127e4.jpg

Dex-chan lover
ok... But business using people as a product is really sick. But well, just one other commercial venture in capitalism
Is it? This is like getting mad at influencers for making money by just being influencers. Or mad at celebrities for partnering with a company to sell a product. People are used as a product all the time and idols are no different. The culture may be toxic but the core idea isn't new or different.
also... I am curious how the main couple would really develop their relation. She will drop the idol stuff?
She would. Her love for him is that strong if he really wanted her to destroy her idol career just to be with him. She would do it in a heartbeat. Everything she's done up to this point was for him.

I have a soft spot for cute fluff kouhai, unfortunately they never win, no matter how much they loved and supported the MC, their efforts never get rewarded. :angery:
The childhood friend position is just too strong...
Sena is going to have her heart broken after giving her best just so MC can have some bs resolve development with the childhood friend...

Dex-chan lover
Is it? This is like getting mad at influencers for making money by just being influencers. Or mad at celebrities for partnering with a company to sell a product. People are used as a product all the time and idols are no different. The culture may be toxic but the core idea isn't new or different.

She would. Her love for him is that strong if he really wanted her to destroy her idol career just to be with him. She would do it in a heartbeat. Everything she's done up to this point was for him.
it would not be him asking this, thought.
idols cannot have a relationship so if she decides to have a real relationship with him she would need to change her career. I can't picture him requesting that, but I totally can see she being forced to do that.
And no, it's far from being the same thing as influencers being influencers

Dex-chan lover
Except influencers and celebrities get to have personal lives. They don't "belong to everyone," they have the freedom to pursue romantic relationships if they so choose. Idol culture is dehumanizing in a way that just does not compare.

Aggregator gang
Except influencers and celebrities get to have personal lives. They don't "belong to everyone," they have the freedom to pursue romantic relationships if they so choose. Idol culture is dehumanizing in a way that just does not compare.
Depends on the influencer and who their target audience is. Just look at Vtubers...they're pretty close to being idols themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Depends on the influencer and who their target audience is. Just look at Vtubers...they're pretty close to being idols themselves.
Maybe to an extent with some Vtubers in groups like Hololive, but then you also have your Filian, Nyanners, Shylily, and Ironmouse types who all go on to prove that you don't need to reduce these entertainers to inhuman products in order to compete in popularity with those "idols."

Dex-chan lover
Well that is the deal you signed with the devil to be an idol. I'm not going to pretend to understand or care about idol business I just see the culture for what it is. Same for Vtubers and influencers.

Also you have to be stupid or painfully naive if you honestly think Vtubers and influencers aren't also dehumanized. Just because they can choose their romantic partner (even this is debatable) doesn't mean they aren't dehumanized in other ways. Once you're a celebrity the idea of having privacy is out the window. You're a public figure and you will always be scrutinized to public discourse whether you want to or not.

Dex-chan lover
So Idols are basically aliens then? I mean, they don't poop!

🤷‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread