Kono Koi ni Mirai wa nai

Contributor
Yup. Not even through the first chapter and it's like a textbook recital of gender dysphoria; I don't see any room for ambiguity as to the intent. Removing shounen-ai tag as being insensitive given the nature of the manga.

The description should suffice to inform potential readers what sort of work this is, so hopefully this won't result in a bunch of lowbrow "omg yaoi whut" comments... –_–;

Contributor
Man, their entire club is full of people with dramatic issues, isn't it? ~w~;; There's this very soap-opera-y feel coming over me.

A little less melodrama in the mix would actually be more emotionally impactful at this point, I think.

Whew, all this romance/drama involving Masaki is kinda hard to digest. Save for Yuji’s side, there’s hardly any build up for the other girls and what little build up there is it just kinda falls flat due to cliches and fast pacing.

Anyway, I hope Yuji becomes more comfortable with herself and that the other guy finds happiness as well. ;__;

Fed-Kun's army
Who do we ned to get in touch with to get rid of the shounen ai tag?

Dex-chan lover
"crossdressing" feels a bit awkward to describe this manga's theme....

Contributor
@owlette: Agreed and removed.

It's very likely from when Plykiya went through and tried to guess whether all "Gender Bender" tags into "genderswap" and "crossdressing". For better or for worse, mangas centered around gender identity disorder and the like don't really get any tags for it now.

Can tags be added to take the place of the ones removed, i wouldnt have found this manga without it being incorrectly tagged in the first place.

Lgbt themes?

Contributor
@fujoyoshi:

If you can convince the site admins to create any tags that would be appropriate to this manga, by all means; I've tried to convince them before (to add a "Gender Identity" tag, or similar, though of course it's up for debate what the best tags would be), and failed. Not sure what else to say.

In many cases I'm personally okay with fudging questionable tags in order to make sure things reach the intended audience, but the only such fixes I can think of here would be insensitive and offensive.

this group's watermarks are so freaking annoying. on the characters' FACES, seriously? god, get over yourselves

Group Leader
Geez, this had all the premises and build-ups needed to be such a good psychological manga. It did eventually fall short of all of its potential, though. Not that I can blame it - the manga ended too soon, as a result any plot development or build-up simply failed to bear fruit. Despite all of that, this manga is still good, it barely got its points and moral outview across while still having a coherent story and alluring art to boot. All and all this was bittersweet, more because of what could have been, but what exists is still very decent.

Users who are viewing this thread