Kono Oto Tomare! - Vol. 30 Ch. 128.5 - Extra: first light (tankobon version)

Dex-chan lover
my god, i cried a lot reading this chapter, incredible, very touching, thank you for the translation.

Bro, you can't just drop a tearjerker chapter after 2 months of nothing and then walk away like that :meguuusad::meguuusad::meguuusad::meguuusad::meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if that's the school principal next to Chika's grandpa in the photo? The eyes kinda look like him, and we know that they were friends, though we don't know if he was in the koto club or not.

This definitely made me think where are the other three men in the photo are now in life, but that would be an interesting little surprise if that’s the principal!

Omg, i loved this chapter..tysm for the translation.

Maybe because I loved my grandpa so much and he's gone now, but this hit the feels hard..cried the whole time reading.

Such good flushing out of the characters and damn did his father fulk up. His aunt is amazing, already knew it, but even more reinforced. God she saw him for him. His father is going to be destroyed seeing Chika shine and how it will be his biggest mistake not loving him. Ugh, this chapter is a great setup to see them play and the emotional torment of the next few chapters, everyone is going to get hit with the emotional rollercoaster. I can't wait to see their sound and win our lose the tournament those kids are better for the journey.

Dex-chan lover
Damn tetsuki always coming in clutch.
And the relationship with the aunt t__t such a responsible adult. She's even the younger sister right? Chika's dad needs to grow up emotionally cause he's stunted

Dex-chan lover
welp now i dont want redemption for uzuki. fuck that guy.
Eh I still sympathize with Uzuki.

Now the dad.... that there is some irredeemable garbage.

Everything stems from the dad, heck if the dad was normal, Chika and Uzuki could have met and got along together naturally

This definitely made me think where are the other three men in the photo are now in life, but that would be an interesting little surprise if that’s the principal!
I think you're right the an in the upper left --> principal (the hair and eyes seems "the same")
upperright --> Grampa ;
lower right --> Umetsugu senior (japanese instrument owner in the national city, seen in chapter 112-114 I think)
my guess because of some hints
  • look like the same age (I said, it's a guess)
  • he is a friends of "granny" who was a friends of gramps ( i know, it's weak...)
  • Maybe he is cold with Chika because of the rumors and the destruction of the workshop + death of grampa
lower left --> i don't know (for the fun, the dad of Akira and Keishi)

And like this all the "founding members" of the Koto club could aknowledge the worth of Chika
--> grampa aknowledge him when he learn Koto and "granny" aknowledge him with the last koto of his grandfather
--> Principal, I think it's ok even if it's not already "said"
--> Dad of Akira and Keishi ; Akira said of Chika that he his honest and straighforward with koto (if this his him)
--> Umetsugu senior... (if this is him)

my 2 cents.

Fed-Kun's army
Chika is one of my favorite characters ever, in any thing. I love this gentle, earnest lunatic.

Users who are viewing this thread