Kore Kaite Shine - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.5 - Lost World

Contributor
Why do people struggle so much with properly translating “ネーム” as “storyboard”? It does not mean “name”. “name” does not mean that in English. Please stop 😭.

That being said, you guys are fucking huge-brained. So many references I never would've gotten.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Why do people struggle so much with properly translating “ネーム” as “storyboard”? It does not mean “name”. “name” does not mean that in English. Please stop 😭.

That being said, you guys are fucking huge-brained. So many references I never would've gotten.
Name sometimes just a draft of rough sketch, i work as storyboard artist lol different stages could be a storyboard but 'name' often sometimes just a freaking stickmen with dialogue. Welp sorry for the semantics www

Contributor
Name sometimes just a draft of rough sketch, i work as storyboard artist lol different stages could be a storyboard but 'name' often sometimes just a freaking stickmen with dialogue. Welp sorry for the semantics www
Stickmen with dialog can also be a storyboard tho. You might have to add a descriptive (like “early” or “late”) to differentiate if there are multiple storyboard phases being discussed with different equivalent Japanese terms, but in English, “name” simply doesn't mean “storyboard”.

Double-page supporter
Stickmen with dialog can also be a storyboard tho. You might have to add a descriptive (like “early” or “late”) to differentiate if there are multiple storyboard phases being discussed with different equivalent Japanese terms, but in English, “name” simply doesn't mean “storyboard”.
That's true, name is a little bit different from storyboard, some maybe could work without clean sketch after name, if we talking to publisher is better to bring name instead of storyboard because first they want to see storytelling and paneling before drawing in character, since there's no contract between the artist and publisher if they don't give a greenlit for the name.

Dex-chan lover
Only now I figured out that this is the same author as Love Roma :slap:

Both this and Love Roma are good works btw.

Users who are viewing this thread