Koukou Jihen - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Mio Hamabayashi

Dex-chan lover
This series is still interesting, I feel like though the hostages would have been all killed already also how do the bad guys intend to get away with this?

Dex-chan lover
This series is still interesting, I feel like though the hostages would have been all killed already also how do the bad guys intend to get away with this?
The terrorist mentioned something about the "right of command." Maybe their plan hinges on that? It could also be that they don't have a way out and the whole thing (killing the students, staff and the PM) is just to send a "message."

Dex-chan lover
Damn. I bet despite her seemingly not caring look, she's actually scared of what she did and didn't want to kill that man.

Dex-chan lover
inb4 the entire school burns down now.
I suppose that is the best way a pseudo-hostage can defuse the situation and stop the entire event: burn down everything so they have to flee, and all hostages has to attempt escape as well, so you have a higher chance of survival when you escape (more bodies to shoot, or they'll just give up on them. Particularly if they can obviously figure out the fire was started by a rogue student and not the police).
The terrorist mentioned something about the "right of command." Maybe their plan hinges on that? It could also be that they don't have a way out and the whole thing (killing the students, staff and the PM) is just to send a "message."
Turns out this is taking place in germany, despite being extremely japanese (they even have a prime minister. not to mention how they treat children of criminals, or how the school treats bullies). Didn't bother looking into it more.
"Kommandogewalt" is a German phrase meaning 'right of command'. Traditionally it is used to refer to the broad category prerogatives to command the armed forces and control their peacetime strength and disposition wielded by the German Kaiser from 1871–1918.[1] This power, belonging solely to the Emperor, was acknowledged in Article 63 of the German Constitution of 1871. On the morning of 25 October 1918, Kaiser Wilhelm II signed draft legislation that limited his Kommandogewalt, making it then subject to the Chancellor.[2]

Actually I'm pretty sure the setting is Japan. Apologies for my mid translation, but I translated "指揮権発動" to "invoking the right of command." I think more literally it's "invoke the right to command." I'm not fully sure what the terrorists mean, but my guess is that they want to assume or gain the prime minister's power or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread