"Kouryakuhon" o Kushi Suru Saikyou no Mahoutsukai ~<Meirei Sasero> to wa Iwasenai Oreryuu Maou Tobatsu Saizen Route~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

@Roywocket While I am still disappointed, I think there lies truth in your words. Guess I am just so used to the ordinary egdyniess of all these revenge-fantasy-stories that this one feels kinda weird.

Also, now that I think about it, the Tsunderes "won´t you return" question is especially dumb when you consider that he didn´t really leave on his own. The "hero" kicked him out, with his fangirl agreeing and Tsundere not even trying to defend him. And now that they have a replacement in form of the beastgirl that didn´t even get any characterisation in this chapter, they have zero reason to allow him back in, even if he wanted.

Dex-chan lover
@Rockdrop trust me ive read a bunch, i was just caught off guard by the total lack of any kind of effort or creativity. it seems beyond even the typical one, like they might as well have just had the staff fall out of the sky would basically be the same thing.

Dex-chan lover
Even for the most basic wish fulfillment pandering trash MMORPG non-isekai fantasy worlds, the catharsis obtained from a mere, “So what?” isn’t enough to appease me.

MC still has everything super easy and practically handed to him now that he knows all the answers in the universe, especially if he knows where legendary equipment is just lying around unguarded in buildings in town where nobody has figured out the people that lived in there have been dead for ages.

I just gonna say poor Missha but
if she's been blackmail then I can understand why she can't leave the party but the actions that she made during Magnus staying even for a tsundere then yeah she doesn't get my sympathy, and she deserves that kind of treatment now I'm waiting when she sees Magnus and GF
Such a refreshing outlook.

pretty sure he is gonna go get the sword now

i mean he did go the opposite direction of the market he was heading to

Dex-chan lover
@TAmNi_edbin

I read some other comments about that yes, but I wasn't actually talking about her leaving or staying.
I was talking about her behavior when they were both part of the party.
She agreed every time when they downplayed him in one way or another.
The only indication we saw that she might not like the situation actually would be that last part where she was described as depressed or the equivalent for him not coming back.

I mean, even if she was 'forced' to try and humiliate him, she could try and explain her situation in private , unless she's prohibited or forbidden to do so by some means, which I was I got into.
No matter her circumstances, unless she was prevented from telling him about his situation other than her pride or character (ie nothing really forbidding her from talking about it if she really wanted to), she still had that option to talk with him privately unless she was supervised.

Until there's proof that she was unable to talk about her situation in private for one actual reason or another, she had a choice. She could talk with him, explain her situation and maybe get his help. She could even act more brazen alongside the hero if she apologized to him in private.
She didn't. And thus she threw away any ties inbetween them or maybe even moral obligations for him to help her.

Dex-chan lover
Supposedly she joined the crappy party because of the MC, and now is stuck with them after he bailed.
Hopefully they get wiped out later since...
Bitch priestess is indeed blackmailing tsundere. Hero and catgirl force a blacksmith to upgrade the mythril sword, beat him nearly to death, and steal his tools. Bitch priestess is also part of a cult

I want a book like that for my life lol
About the story, I honestly don't get Missha's perspective if she actually has a good intention and is in good terms with MC, like how can't she see that the party is so toxic to him? Not to mention she's just standing by and enabling it, and also somehow decided to stay with the party? If she's trying to be a "friend", she's not doing it right.

Edit: Seen some comments about
she's being blackmailed
, but shouldn't that be more of the reason why she's such an awful "supposedly friend" of MC? She's fully aware of the party being toxic and still wants MC to come back and suffer unnecessarily, called him a coward because he decided to leave such a party, like wtf? If that's considered a friend, then she's a toxic fake friend.

Fed-Kun's army
Well done MC. Putting trash party behind him and moving on with his life.

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
So taking some guesses on things unsaid, I think that 'mana vault' skill he learned is a version of your typical item box/dimensional bag, and that's how he's carrying all that stuff.

And that the mansion that staff was in was protected by some super crazy barrier/reinforcement spell and no one could break. Then the only way in is a drop down a huge chimney that would be a lethal drop except for sorcerers, who seem to be shat on in this world anyways.

Double-page supporter
A pity but the cheat guide overpowers the dialogue. I find I cannot really care about the character motivations and interactions because the MC got divine blessing in the form of the book that holds all answers.

Dex-chan lover
@Kikaibaka
Isn't the GF that girl who's asking for his name in this chapter? The little bun + long hair seem to fit

Dex-chan lover
@Duainfey I'm curious. Why does an OP guide detract from the dialogue? So far the book only teaches about monsters and items, not the future or something. In the end it just comes out as the basic OP isekai-MC cheat, and plenty of isekai series have very good characters and plot.

Dex-chan lover
If only all mcs would treat tsunderes like this. Oh, you don't stand up for me when everyone's abusing me? You think I wanna come back? Zero reason to. RIP in tsundereland.

Double-page supporter
@cor3zone I suppose it is a matter of pacing. Most basic OP isekai-MC cheats at least have some sort of sequential build up to this kind of point over time whether it is glossed over or not. But here a mook npc gifts him the literal cheat campaign guide to the world, that only he and a few other individuals can even read, for a few measly coins. Outright stating no matter how used the gods of the world will not interfere. In the first chapter it ends with power overwhelming. He then proceeds in this chapter to gain such relatively fantastic wealth that one could not spend it all despite many wastefully extravagant lifetimes for millennia. The first of which is a staff upgrade that is so ridiculously over the top compared to his old stick. Then he goes following the godly gamefaqs map guide of where all the nearby legendary loots are and how to acquire them. Hell there is even a faction reputation max setting with the rescued slaves a common trope, but come on its just a few panels on the way to the loot box. No amount of snappy dialogue makes up for the offenses that playing with cheats invokes here; to me it just completely uninteresting.

I suppose an apt analogy would be a metroidvania game like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night where you begin a new game + with all items and max level. Sure there may be a few gated items/techniques, but you can essentially now walk up to wherever you want to go, and if you so choose sequence break to the end point. This manga can show the decapitated head of the demon lord's True Form in the next chapter and have it be logical because of the way this has been set up.

Edit: And I forgot to mention his old party doesn't even question how he got the item they needed. Despite kick him out with nothing to his name.

Dex-chan lover
@firosahoge :
... when everyone's abusing me? ...
might want to add to hide their own mistakes and incompetence to that as well, but otherwise yup.

Though in this case she even supported the abuse, saying he did not earn anything (because he followed idiot in charges orders), and called him a coward for leaving which is worse then just saying nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@Duainfey I guess that's fair. Personally I kinda like the underdog being vindicated and stomping his obstacles, but I also enjoy pretty much garbage in any media form soo...😅

I have to admit, even I have a hard time seeing how this series will keep interest. Like you said, he can pretty much just grind to God-level power and already has end-game gear. He could just continue like he has been and just crush the end boss.

Users who are viewing this thread