Koushaku-ke ni Umarete Shonichi ni Atotsugi Shikkaku no Rakuin wo Osaremashitaga Kyou mo Genki ni Ikitemasu!

Dex-chan lover
It's hilarious that the manga reader on the official publisher's site is inferior to MangaDex.

And then they keep trying to push their mobile apps. Where's the PC app?? I want to be able to see both pages, and read the text. I don't want to need to zoom in and swipe the page around from panel to panel to read the story. That's fkn annoying.

Dex-chan lover
It's hilarious that the manga reader on the official publisher's site is inferior to MangaDex.

And then they keep trying to push their mobile apps. Where's the PC app?? I want to be able to see both pages, and read the text. I don't want to need to zoom in and swipe the page around from panel to panel to read the story. That's fkn annoying.

To be fair, you can click the "read horizontally" button and it'll switch to single page made, but yeah, I agree. So many sites today are so hyper-focused on designing mobile apps that they completely forget about desktop users.

To be fair, you can click the "read horizontally" button and it'll switch to single page made, but yeah, I agree. So many sites today are so hyper-focused on designing mobile apps that they completely forget about desktop users.
I'm on a tablet, but since it's over two years old, the app isn't compatible with my device. I truly don't understand the push towards an app for everything, I only have so much space, and most are leaving my poor ancient tech (and self) behind.

Totally agree with the original comment too, the official publisher's site is very poor, with an awful interface.

Dex-chan lover
hyper-focused on designing mobile apps
sadly that's the current state of affair. it's also just easier to collect your data from phone apps.
I truly don't understand the push towards an app for everything
more portable and with people's attention span getting stupidly short (see people who use tiktok), forcing people to use your mobile apps becomes the thing if you want money. personally I detest the mobile phone culture. if a service doesn't provide a good desktop experience and expects me to download their stupid app, it can eat my ass and fuck off.

Dex-chan lover
personally I detest the mobile phone culture.
Oh, do you also hate Long-Strip comics? They were literally designed specifically to be read on phones.

Let's petition Long-Strip comics to publish in physical format! Continuous scrolling comics is the perfect excuse to bring scrolls back in style. :dogkek:

(Art by Get Dead Entertainment. I like the little scroll reader on the right.)

Users who are viewing this thread