Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 3 Ch. 26

Grandma has some weird obsessional vibes like ... always wanna have what she wants.

I know it's been years since I read the novel. I was definetely younger and more naive back then. That said, I do not recall getting this much creepy vibes from the queen dowager. I just remember her as this sweet old grandma who reaaaally adores Mellice (and Iris by extension) and wants them to be part of her family. I'm a bit jarred now.

@CaShper
its a grandma abusing her standing as royality to force marriages inorder to secure genes she fancies... the concept alone is creepy as hell
just imagine what would happen if dean wasnt part of the royal family... the mc could try as hard as she wanted to the kingdom would go down anyway because after the idiotic prince backed by corruption and his mom she would have to contend with her support the empress dowager

its bad enough that it was basic custom to arrange political marriage to benefit the families now she arranges them just to create the most beautiful offspring for future generations

comments are back and im rereading this!!! the queen dowager is actually soooooo annoying ngl like if it wasnt for the plot progression i wouldve punched her in the face or something AND WHAT THE HELL WAS "i wonder if she can be mine" ?????????? atp u shouldve just married mellice or smthn lol even bothering iris in ur stupid unrewuited love to mellice GIRL GET OVER IT MELLICE AMD IRIS ARE NOT THE SAME PERSONNN

like always the grandparents know their shit and also know how to get what they want....also is it me or grandma is kind of lesbo...i mean she wanted iris mama, she couldnt get iris mama so now she goes for iris...wait, is that being lesbo or just overly obssesed with a bloodline?
Honestly, in the novel, this comes across very different.

The author is fond of using 'mine' as in my person, as in someone under my wing/family (family as in both literally and found family).

So, in the novel, contextually, it feels a lot more platonic. As the queen dowager wanted her as a daughter-in-law kinda way(like someone she'd love to dote on, would make beautiful grandchildren and has the charisma of a queen without being malicious), instead of some creepy lesbo kinda way.

This is one of my favourite scenes heck one of my favourite chapters from the novel.I have no idea why the manga made it seem so creepy instead.

Users who are viewing this thread