Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible

Dex-chan lover
I’m kinda sad we don’t get to see them dating. I love this series so much

Okay, now I want a "10 years later" spinoff story about high school senior Seita (successfully) wooing college-age Saki, frequently guest-starring married Junta and Nagisa with their periodically invisible kid(s).

Supporter
Okay, now I want a "10 years later" spinoff story about high school senior Seita (successfully) wooing college-age Saki, frequently guest-starring married Junta and Nagisa with their periodically invisible kid(s).
May your request be granted 😌
For now hope this is enough

chapter

Dex-chan lover
If you're reading this for romance, don't bother. The romance, while present throughout, went at a snail's pace for most of the manga until the final 20 chapters, then had the audacity to end with a confession rather than showing some chapters of Shiraishi and Kubo as a couple, spmething I badly needed. I hyped the confession in the previous chapters but there was never any real tension, I always knew this was the natural path for the manga.

But my mistake was going in for that and not what this manga really offers, fluff and cute moments with the characters sorrounding the main couple, Seita in particular with his adorable young brother persona that I can relate to. If this is your thing than this manga is a must read. Not for me, as I put this down multiple times since the story became too boring to keep going through.

5/10.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is a manga from a previous age, like 10 years ago. It follows the shitty tropes and cliches of then as well. Will they won't they bullshit and ending a series with a confession rather than showing them dating.

Dex-chan lover
Did Viz buy out mangaplus or something? This is one of a handful of series I see now being "uploaded" as redirects to Viz' app after previously running to completion on Mangaplus. It doesn't really matter to me either way since both lock down chapters in between the first and most recent and put them inside the paywall, but it's weird to have two different official publishers "sharing" a series.

Dex-chan lover
Did Viz buy out mangaplus or something? This is one of a handful of series I see now being "uploaded" as redirects to Viz' app after previously running to completion on Mangaplus. It doesn't really matter to me either way since both lock down chapters in between the first and most recent and put them inside the paywall, but it's weird to have two different official publishers "sharing" a series.
They're part of the same conglomerate.

I hear there's been a revamp with Viz (hence it showing up here as another official publisher) and titles are moving fairly freely between them at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is really a learning experience for me on why I am an autistic loner: from chapter 1, I've been feeling nothing but annoyance with the FMC with her passive-aggressive attention seeking and ceaseless nagging of someone doing quite fine being left alone; and putting myself in the MC's shoes, I'd've absolutely not been as forthcoming as him in the reactions to this borderline bullying.

i'm midway into the series and it doesn't really feel like the romance is going anywhere :/

Frustrating series tbh. Almost no development until right at the end, and I had to read it through like 4 different websites to actually get it all lol. I really wish more mangaka would realize that the best stories, even if they're slow burn, extend past the confession and show the characters just living life in their new relationship. First date, maybe moving in together in college, etc etc. Ending the story with the confession and having a time skip special extra chapter just sucks. Still rating it well, since it at least had an ending, but I can't go higher than a 8.

It was pretty cute but I just did not enjoy the npc dialogue and I also just hate mc's that are extremely basic so you can put yourself in their position. I want some personality in the characters not a soulless husk. I am hating rn but it's not that bad of a manga it's just that I'm probably not gonna revisit it for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread