Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan - Vol. 3 Ch. 17.2

He is too stupid omfg, he saved her in multiple situations and he still accepted his first debt as it is, and now he is going out of his way to meddle with this quest because the girl can't control her fucking curiosity and yet he is simply accepting to be deeper in debt, least he could do as an old mercenary is to make her pay to all tools he needs to as his employer (the fact she wants that much to meddle with the quest) or something like that. It sucks that he simply doesn't try to get a better deal with her, if he was just stupid he'd try and get played, that would be ok, but not even that.

Btw, he is the only one who knows her secret, he could still get away with the debt by blackmailing her, at least that would be kinda like 'self-defence' because he already has the vibes she wants to make him a debt slave. But no, he has to be that much of a stupid pussy of a 'good guy' to simply get played like nothing

Dex-chan lover
I reject any attempts to give Loren armor that covers his biceps.

@ PauloArthur
I'm pretty sure he enjoys her company anyway and wants to adventure with her so......I think you are taking this way too seriously.

CBC

Aggregator gang
Honestly, I'm not sure if the manga will be able to get the nuances just right, but there are legitimate reasons behind Lapis' actions and thirst for knowledge plus why Loren is just rolling with things that have been explored in the novel.

I seriously suggest against making snap judgements now, a lot of y'all are gonna look hella stupid later.

Dex-chan lover
Incoming : You thief, stop! bla bla bla buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit.

here comes the guy who had night of "love" with lapis , SM style 🤣

Dex-chan lover
The lack of backgrounds in this chapter is astounding. Even if they pulled "the heart" I would not be surprised.

@CBC While that would make a lot more sense if the manga hasn’t explained any of those things people not liking Lapis makes isn’t unreasonable. It’s not really a snap judgment almost 20 chapters in. You don’t look stupid making an opinion off something we couldn’t know, unless we read other source material or is another 20 chapters away. That’s the mangas fault for not taking into account how one of the main characters could come off looking really bad. Now I may not agree with Lapis’ way of taking advantage of a guy who has lost everything but I could see how some wouldn’t judge her as harshly.

Am i the only one who is starting to dislike Lapis? she really gets on my nerves, specially the way she kinda forces and takes advantage of Loren

Dex-chan lover
If you are of the opinion that Lapis is being a bad person, please refer to chapter 15.2. She did not force Loren into debt, but instead offered him money when he legitimately needed it, because he put himself into a bad situation (such as when he forgot to save some money for the carriage ride on chapter 1). Later on, she had to spend both his money and hers on getting a ride back to town and paying off hospital fees. After that, she offered him a deal to pay off his debt where she would neither hound him for the money, nor add any interest, which is a very good deal all things considered. She's quite literally letting him clear his debt when he feels like it. I see no outright ill intent so far.

My guess is that, due to their current status as a copper-ranked duo with little prospects of finding a decent party or well-paying quests, Lapis fears he will eventually abandon her in favor of finding a different party, as an uncompromising mercenary would. She keeps subtly increasing his debt by investing her own money on his well-being and equipment, thus guaranteeing that he sticks around at least a little longer. I'd say it's a more dynamic situation than Lapis being unrealistically charitable with a person she's met a day ago. You could argue that she could just "hire" him as a mercenary but he's still penniless, and he's lost his sword after the goblin quest, so they'd just end up in the same situation. He never once had to accept her loans but he still did, so it's still on him.

tl;dr though she's slightly manipulative, she's keeping him out of poverty in exchange for companionship.

Dex-chan lover
For some reason, I feel like I know this story. Maybe I started reading the LN and then dropped it?

Users who are viewing this thread