Kuro no Senki: Isekai Ten’i Shita Boku ga Saikyou na no wa Bed no Ue dake no You desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1

Dex-chan lover
I'll admit I wasn't expecting much when I read the synopsis. Color me impressed.

Dex-chan lover
"why is their army passing here? I don't know!"
and he says he went to military school ...

Double-page supporter
p 9: The Emperor's name is spelled3 different ways on the same page.

yeah, he just commit war crime just like that. yikes.
this is why teenager shouldn't go to war, their morality is all over the place

Dex-chan lover
@wizardsonly @frontconsole : warcrimes are more if a modern concept, and do not necessarily apply on alternate worlds. Also, this does not meet Perfidy, since it is more for things like attacking under a flag of truce, but has an exemption for ruses of war meant to get the enemy to act reckless which this falls under.

@Bidorchar : a large army through a dense forest makes little sense, they tended to follow trade routes, and open plains. If there is an established road it can make more sense as a flanking maneuver, but otherwise you get slowed down to much clearing a path. Plus he will nornally lose soldiers fighting along the way, and it lengthens critical supply lines. Weakening him in the final engagement.

Dex-chan lover
We shall not now retreat!
Dude, you're outnumbered and outgunned :(
I thought discretion is the better part of valor?

Dex-chan lover
Came to see cute dark elf, got to see bipedal, talking animals. Disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda pissed that he disgracefully killed a battalion that would of just had a one on one duel with him.

Double-page supporter
Demi-lion named Leo
Minotaur named Mino
Lizard-folk named Lizard
Fire mage called Ignus

Was the original writer this stupid or is this something the translator did? What's wrong with giving people actual names? Isn't this the exact thing that Slime Tensei parodied when he gave all the goblins stupid names?

Supporter
@Aretheus Except that it made sense in TenSura story-wise due to the sheet number of names he was giving out.
Here, you'd assume those were the names they were born with, which doesn't even really make sense. Well, I guess Ignus might make sense if they can check magical power at birth, but even that's a bit of a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread