Kokuyou-chan and Shiratama-kun's Odd Relationship

Banned
The crossdressing character is commonly referred to as 男の娘 and sometimes 女装男子 by the author. It's the equivalent of femboy/crossdressing boy in English if anyone was wondering.

It means they are a crossdresser. Not trans.

The translator kurisu deliberately translated this manga as if he was trans.

This is not the author's intention.

I doubt anyone will see this as the translator has probably dropped this by now due the character not being their "uwu validation" character they hoped for but oh well.

Also this kurisu translator tends to take liberties and change stuff

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
(Someone created a thread for the series? Didn't know you could do that)

Vae does write quite the strange plot normally, frequently resorting to gender-heckery and the usual otokonoko business, and this is no exception. Though seeing "I'm good at pretending to be a girl, God, so make me a real girl please" in the raws is maybe the most explicitly stated gender-transition wish I've seen outside of Norito's "I wish everything was yuri" one-shot.

EDIT - I'll admit I embellished, but the original line in chapter 1 says
神様・・・可愛くて完璧女の子な僕を・・・ ほんとうの女性にしてください

1482f50e5faa4d0eb2b19a0118d3fd33c8607dc0.pnj

To semi-quote another translator, this character outright describes themselves as a boy in an earlier page and here outright asks for a sex change to become a "real woman" or to possess "the nature of a woman". (女性 vs 女の子)

In a later page (noted from the raws as well), Kuroyou lays out what was asked for and what happened.

F73zCxcX0AAU2Mt

And the script and visuals indicate that Kuroyou is angry in that her god of choice blessed the wrong person.

While one might make the argument ad nauseam that this is more about "taking away otokonoko" or whatever, it's not well-founded. Yes, there are going to be folks who might be upset in the story that someone suddenly would go from gender-bending AMAB who looks conventionally pretty to "holy crap I have a vagina now" and that "ruins the mystery" ...

Those folks are missing the point.

The math and chalkboard are there. Show your work.

Last edited:
Banned
The crossdressing character is commonly referred to as 男の娘 and sometimes 女装男子 by the author. It's the equivalent of femboy/crossdressing boy in English if anyone was wondering.

It means they are a crossdresser. Not trans.

The translator kurisu deliberately translated this manga as if he was trans.

This is not the author's intention.

I doubt anyone will see this as the translator has probably dropped this by now due the character not being their "uwu validation" character they hoped for but oh well.

Also this kurisu translator tends to take liberties and change stuff

I should also mention the fact that the side characters repeatedly say to him how turning into a girl ruins the appeal of him being otokonoko.

The author wants to communicate that girly boys shouldn't want to be girls, but stay as they are.

It also destroys the perception that "otokonoko includes trans" I hear so often.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I am looking forward to the next chapters of this series - good luck to the translators (whichever group does it)!

Last edited:
Banned
If anybody comes across this thread, I want to inform you of the person above this post.

Ariel Haymarket is a known harasser, stalker (it's not a coincidence they posted in this thread after me) and mass reporter. He had multiple accounts on Twitter where he makes use of the report function.

He, like kurisu and others, heavily imply a lot of otokonoko (trap, femboy, crossdresser) characters are transgender in many of his tweets, replies and other places he occupies.

Here, you can see him and others that share the same beliefs bullied a Japanese artist into deleting their account:

Fb6-rZnX0AEa44W

Edit: I apologize for being off topic and derailing this thread a bit. I want people to know there's clear bias & motivated reasoning going on here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
To add in the arguments, doesn't trans include all people who wish to become a gender that he/she is not. I mean in this case it is a little bit more complex is that his desire to become a girl comes from his sexual identity more than gender, so is it accurate to categorize him as a transgender or not? It's hard to tell.

Similarly, the concept of crossdressing is very complicated in the way that there are male who just likes to wear girly clothes, without wishing to fully become a real girl, or that they don't care too much about it. And there are also male who just want to become a girl in some specific occasion / settings, like crossplayers. And then there are people who actually wish to become a real girl, but don't have the courage or the financial capability to fully commit to it. Being a crossdresser doesn't automatically mean you're a trans, imo, there are so many other factors you need to consider as well.

Although, with that said, there is one thing I learned reading crossdressing manga, is that none of them care about what kind of labels they are. They like to wear girly clothes, that's it. Things like trans or not trans is none of their concern. And I think we should also do the same. There is absolutely no reason for us to categorize or label someone as trans, as doing so does not affect the reading experience at all.

Dex-chan lover
To add in the arguments, doesn't trans include all people who wish to become a gender that he/she is not. I mean in this case it is a little bit more complex is that his desire to become a girl comes from his sexual identity more than gender, so is it accurate to categorize him as a transgender or not? It's hard to tell.

Similarly, the concept of crossdressing is very complicated in the way that there are male who just likes to wear girly clothes, without wishing to fully become a real girl, or that they don't care too much about it. And there are also male who just want to become a girl in some specific occasion / settings, like crossplayers. And then there are people who actually wish to become a real girl, but don't have the courage or the financial capability to fully commit to it. Being a crossdresser doesn't automatically mean you're a trans, imo, there are so many other factors you need to consider as well.

Although, with that said, there is one thing I learned reading crossdressing manga, is that none of them care about what kind of labels they are. They like to wear girly clothes, that's it. Things like trans or not trans is none of their concern. And I think we should also do the same. There is absolutely no reason for us to categorize or label someone as trans, as doing so does not affect the reading experience at all.
I see points being made but I'm having difficulty connecting the dots. Would you mind clarifying this? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread