Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Congrats on your highschool debut, Shizuki-kun

Supporter
Why is this dude even following her like a dog 😐

Could've literally just ended the conversation at "We have nothing to talk about" 😶
He's scared she'll expose his past in school, making him a social outcast again, see chapter 1.
From his perspective she's a mean bitch, talking shit behind others' backs, who might do that just to see him destroyed, and now she's got him by the balls, which was what he was afraid of all along since encountering her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not really sure where this angle is going and what the point of it is, tbh. It's not like up to this point the author has talked about curing the MC's fear of women or resolving the misunderstanding. Neither character has show much interest in that last one. Like this would be entirely different if the author just included scenes that showed she KNEW who the MC was the entire time and was pinning over a misunderstanding from middle school and wanted to resolve that. Like that could even be a plot point for why she became the female lead's friend. But we haven't gotten any of that. This just feels like it's happening because all of a sudden the author decided the MC deserved a harem (that the character himself hasn't even been written to want) because reasons.

The premise of the Manga is that the MC becomes temporary friends with the Female lead to help her grow into herself, learn how to make friends, and enjoy high school. Of course this can change and grow overtime (I mean none of us expected them to just be "temporary friends"), but that has to be something that happens overtime with the character's revealing what they truly want in scenes and us learning more about the entire main and side casts wants and personalities.

All that said, some of these comments really need to chill out with how they're referring to a high school girl. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say honestly she hasn't really done anything that bad. She made traumatized the MC in middle school by being your basic middle schooler (and yeah, those are just awful but at the same time that makes sense because they're a mess a hormones, developmental stages, not knowing who they are, desperate to fit in, etc). It really says more about him that that's somehow turned into a whole allergic reaction to all pretty girls (which the Manga barely even mentions anymore). As a high schooler she has shown that she really cares about popularity and keeping up appearances and social cliques, but that's also pretty normal for her age and she's hardly gone full mean girls. I don't think she's a good person to have as a friend and she's incredibly immature (though she doesn't act it, she cares way too much about what the social hierarchy thinks of her and appearances which is again normal for a high school teen). But she's not yet done anything "that" bad in the sense of having long term negative consequences, aside from the MC's trauma which again says more about him.

I say this still not liking her myself and only say it because I'm cringing back in time (and feeling really uncomfortable and worried) at what more than one comment are saying towards a high school girl especially when she again, hasn't exactly slit any throats recently. Honestly calling her "fake" should be enough because that seems to describe her pretty well. I also think a lot of this frustration would be better aimed toward the author.

Users who are viewing this thread