Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - It's definitely not because she's cute and kind, which makes me like her

Dex-chan lover
E8aaHmT.png

who is not lmao

Also cow bikini kek

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, the classic spineless and clueless romcom MC who is more dense than osmium. so the cute girl you're into invites you on a beach date and the first thing that comes to mind for you is asking her to bring a friend? for fucks sake man

Dex-chan lover
Kinda hope he won't invite his friends, since its obvious the chapter would then either focus on him being jealous, or his friends drooling over her 🥲..

Though I can also kinda imagine him running into his childhood bully at the beach

Dex-chan lover
I like that the author is making an effort to show their relationship is reciprocal and not one sided.

She has heavily leaned on him and has been greatly helped by his influence. Now its his turn to lean on her pure and genuine self and start fixing his own trauma.

You know a relatioship is good when both partners make each other into better people!

Dex-chan lover
Can speak anecdotally here when I wonder if this is a self-insert MC, cause that is too relatable.

When I was in high school, I had my heart not just broken but trampled by preppy mean girls. I ended up cast into a crowd of misfits from that point onwards (though a lot of these kids were in a ROUGH straits at home, and I wasn't). Made good friends, but it permanently turned me off towards the pop girl archetype.

I don't think he's in love with her because she's beautiful. He's likes her because of her femininity and personality. It's something I saw in my wife.

My guess is that the reason they were never into each other before was because he wasn't socially capable of having friends at the time. In the flashback chapter, we saw that brief glance of each others' eyes through the glasses, seeming to indicate that they were there the whole time. If my intuition is correct, they would have been together much earlier if their reclusve phases were gone. That's the "debut" part of this story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread