Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 70 - Festering Resentment (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Ohhhhhhh boy, things are starting to go down. (Part 1) with that sort of title?
So Luomen already posted those sorts of warnings decades ago (when he was still working in the Inner Palace) to prevent sickness, but why would they take them down? Sabotage, perhaps? The long con of some resentful old maids? Resentment that was... FESTERING?

Dex-chan lover
FYI Moxibustion is another example of the "good for circulation/qi" pseudo-science so common in traditional/alternative medicine. It was suspicious that all these heavy metals are lying around poisoning people left and right, and Ruo Men wasn't able to educate anyone in his time as a court physician.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Really Mao Mao? Quack or not, you basically worked alongside this man since the moment you set foot inside the imperial city.
And only now you find out what his name is?!
Well, the CatCat already said that anything that she wasn't interested will only short-lived in her mind.

About that, the 'frog' is still in the mind of our CatCat

Dex-chan lover
novel readers, please spoil me on what she is talking about
I... actually don't remember this scene in either the WN or the LN.

The LN refines upon the WN pretty heavily, so I'm not surprised there. It's entirely possible I just don't remember this particular bit of novel, since the manga has been pretty faithful to the LN so far.

Edit: I checked, and there's a chapter in the LN with the same name so I probably just forgot about this scene.

What I think she's referring to:
If the older ladies in the palace who run the clinic have been here since Luomen's era... why didn't they say something about the face powder?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
novel readers, please spoil me on what she is talking about
It’s going to happen next chapter, or at most the chapter after. Not a long wait, but a small spoiler (though I tried making it minimally spoilerly) below:

Remember the girl who faked her death? Who helped her? Why are substances harmful toward pregnant women around in the inner palace? Why is there a clinic of older ladies? Maomao connected all that in her mind and came to a theory.

LN volume 4 chapter 8 if you want to read it yourself to get all the answers. This chapter ends at the end of chapter 7, even the scene at the end is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread