Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 70 - Festering Resentment (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
And the other kitten is also pretty smart.

Yeah, the quack is friendly if nothing else.

Write for your audience. Especially if you're writing instructions.

Didn't even know his name, after all this time... Well, that's our kitten for you.

Ever trying to aid others. He's probably at the top of a list of good people in that world. Or any, really.

And he's right. Maomao does have some significant influence.

Yeah, never give more medication than necessary. There are always side effects.

Connecting the dots. Always been sharp.

I guess she did inherit her father's inability to pay attention to anything not related to their own hobby, in this case, rare medicine and poison.
I mean, that's been her character from chapter one. Though she does have a good heart in there somewhere as well.

Dex-chan lover
novel readers, please spoil me on what she is talking about
I didn’t read the novel so this is more speculations but if there was a history of face powder being poisonous and was passed around before, how come they only knew when Mao mao came into service? This implies some people knew and was intentionally hiding the information.

Another theory is that the father was set up to get kicked out of the inner palace because he was educating in the past, and someone who wants to sabotage the empire wouldn’t like that. Which can imply someone with strong connections have been subtly sabotaging from the inside for a long time now.

Dex-chan lover
It’s going to happen next chapter, or at most the chapter after. Not a long wait, but a small spoiler (though I tried making it minimally spoilerly) below:

Remember the girl who faked her death? Who helped her? Why are substances harmful towards pregnant women around in the inner palace? Why is there a clinic of older ladies? Maomao connected all that in her mind and came to a theory.

LN volume 4 chapter 8 if you want to read it yourself get all the answers. This chapter ends at the end of chapter 7, even the scene is exactly the same.
So the spread of harmful substances in the Inner Palace and the suppression of such information is due toShenmei...?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Is it an internal or external attack?
@.@...

Dex-chan lover
novel readers, please spoil me on what she is talking about
Remember when Mao Mao saved the princess because her mother was using face powder (mercury)? She wasn't the first to use it, and Grandfather tried to stop it, and later got fired due to politics. The information he was trying to spread would have saved lives. What if it wasn't a coincidence he got fired and the practice continued?

Dex-chan lover
Really Mao Mao? Quack or not, you basically worked alongside this man since the moment you set foot inside the imperial city.
And only now you find out what his name is?!
this is very interesting with your pfp

FYI Moxibustion is another example of the "good for circulation/qi" pseudo-science so common in traditional/alternative medicine. It was suspicious that all these heavy metals are lying around poisoning people left and right, and Ruo Men wasn't able to educate anyone in his time as a court physician.
My brother was breech and my mom used moxibustion to turn him around, it took a week

Supporter
so someone in inner paplace making the face powder incident happen "naturally" like what they did to renshi.

that someone is really hating the emperor.

Dex-chan lover
I didn’t read the novel so this is more speculations but if there was a history of face powder being poisonous and was passed around before, how come they only knew when Mao mao came into service? This implies some people knew and was intentionally hiding the information.

Another theory is that the father was set up to get kicked out of the inner palace because he was educating in the past, and someone who wants to sabotage the empire wouldn’t like that. Which can imply someone with strong connections have been subtly sabotaging from the inside for a long time now.
I am thinking the same. It's obvious her father got kicked out because he got in a way of some high status people.

The irony is, if he never got kick out, he won't be able to take care Maomao because he'll remain in the palace and well, Mao won't be able to reveal the hidden secret of the palace or gained knowledge about poison and medicine in the fire place.

This is some sort of strange karma or butterfly effect because now Maomao replaces his father and has stronger position due helping high position concubines and solved a lot of cases.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, is the primary reason. But there is more to it, it will be explained in the next chapter.
So it's really Shenmei? I know already the reason why she's doing it, as well as the rebellion of the Shi Clan

Users who are viewing this thread