Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Dismissal

Dex-chan lover
An excuse, he says.

"She was good at her job. She's intelligent, hardworking, as an apothecary, poison taster, and servant, her work has been impeccable. Her talents would be wasted in a place like a brothel."

Dex-chan lover
Ultimately, it's a problem of being unable to explain that she was kidnapped to the actual authorities. Reputation is more important than the truth, so it's not really her fault. EDIT: Turns out he already knows, they really are just that bad at talking.

More to the point, they really should've just run a background check on her. Finding out about Ruomen to see why she's so smart completely flips the relationship.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ultimately, it's a problem of being unable to explain that she was kidnapped to the actual authorities. Reputation is more important than the truth, so it's not really her fault.

More to the point, they really should've just run a background check on her. Finding out who her legal guardian is will immediately reveal the kidnapping, and they might've sniffed out the other truth a bit earlier.
He knows about the kidnapping. A vase was "broken" so she got no salary to send to her "family".

Now she can be hired from her real family.

Everyone should know that this isn't going to be a smooth transition, right?

Dex-chan lover
He knows about the kidnapping. A vase was "broken" so she got no salary to send to her "family".

Now she can be hired from her real family.

Everyone should know that this isn't going to be a smooth transition, right?
The vase incident was not instigated by him, and the attendants are the consort's confidants, not his.

Dex-chan lover
They knew this I think? Back in the banquet garden, Maomao told Renshi she was kidnapped etc etc (about her freckles part)
Ultimately, it's a problem of being unable to explain that she was kidnapped to the actual authorities. Reputation is more important than the truth, so it's not really her fault.

More to the point, they really should've just run a background check on her. Finding out who her legal guardian is will immediately reveal the kidnapping, and they might've sniffed out the other truth a bit earlier.

The issue is that, the kidnappers are probably the only ones who have "legal documents" as proof that they are her "family/legal guardians", from when they sold her to the palace in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
"People with strange taste who'd be into a novelty like you."
Well, that perfectly describes one guy...

Casually just agrees that him buying her might be a good idea.

That amount of gold is just way too much. And it would be impossible to lift. Herb's just fine, though.

"She was good at her job. She's intelligent, hardworking, as an apothecary, poison taster, and servant, her work has been impeccable."
Yeah, it's not like she's someone most people wouldn't want to have working for them...

The issue is that, the kidnappers are probably the only ones who have "legal documents" as proof that they are her "family/legal guardians", from when they sold her to the palace in the first place.
Not to say what happens, but there are parts of this that get very interesting later on.

Dex-chan lover
We've now reached the end of the first light novel, as well as the halfway point of the anime (episode 12). It's quite interesting that this manga adaptation adapted the first LN in 3 volumes while the BG version took 4 volumes to do the same. If you don't read the original source material, it benefits to read both manga versions to get everything that might be left out in one version or the other.

I hadn't realized that she took on a sent from giving the young military a night with one of top three courtesans and that's why granny wanted her to pay off the debt ASAP by working as a courtesan herself

Dex-chan lover
They knew this I think? Back in the banquet garden, Maomao told Renshi she was kidnapped etc etc (about her freckles part)
Wasn't that completely unrelated to how she got in the inner palace?

I'm talking about doctor grandpa. Renshi knows who HE is, and who his relatives are.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's not like she's someone most people wouldn't want to have working for them...
If there is someone in the vicinity that knows their way around poisons you really want them on your side!

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't that completely unrelated to how she got in the inner palace?

I'm talking about doctor grandpa. Renshi knows who HE is, and who his relatives are.
Im not sure what you mean by unrelated. I checked the banquet episode for this version and she told them she was kidnapped and was sold to the inner palace. She was getting clay or something for her freckles that day, that's why she was kidnapped. And that her circumstances are different from those who are sold by their own family.

Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/XSbTJ7E0-QWm
Regarding about Loumen or Maomao's doctor father, Renshi wouldnt be able to know he is a great doctor until way later (during their trip around town) At this time, he thinks she only lives in the pleasure district as an apothecary.

Dex-chan lover
She was getting clay or something for her freckles that day, that's why she was kidnapped.
Okay, I checked it myself, and she did mention it to Renshi after the freckle anecdote. The "instead" part is referring to unfortunate events happening to her despite her efforts to avoid them.

In that case, it's not at all about saving face and....they all just hate talking, huh.

Ruomen is not a particularly hard piece to puzzle out. One look at his leg and house and it does not take someone with Renshi's stock knowledge much to figure it out.

Fed-Kun's army
I just found out someone pick up this series again. Hope it can catch up to raw since this one faster than the other version.

Users who are viewing this thread