Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 29 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel

Dex-chan lover
This the second time I read this arc, and I'm still a little lost :/
Why would her value falls ? Cuz she gives birth ?
Like, she didn't use drug to entrap him with the child, but he got called away so she became unwanted ?

Double-page supporter
I completely forgot that Mao Mao's "dad" is actually related to Luo Han.

But man. That whole thing with the old madam is always so frustrating to watch. Like, I kind of don't really get why she refused to let Luo han redeem Feng Xian after he returned.

This the second time I read this arc, and I'm still a little lost :/
Why would her value falls ? Cuz she gives birth ?
Like, she didn't use drug to entrap him with the child, but he got called away so she became unwanted ?
she was valuable partly bc sex wasn't part of her services like modern idol fans who prefer their oshi to seem pure
ideally when her pregnancy was discovered and her value fell he would have been there to redeem her at the lower price but since he was away she became a burden to the brothel without being able to attract customers at the same price anymore

Dex-chan lover
The author just forgot to pay her taxes on time or something, later she fixed the issue and the manga is continuing as normal.
First, it was the illustrator, not the author. The author is the same for all the versions, and has no tax issues that I'm aware of.

Second, 47 million yen worth of tax evasion charges (something like three hundred thousand dollars US) is a bit more than 'forgot to pay her taxes on time.' Note that she has pled guilty and is paying her fines, etc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A bitter moment..... I appreciate this adaptation not having him see her Beautiful Younger Dace or anything. I think he doesn't really care about that. There's a line from... I wanna say Big Fish? There's only two women in the world to your father... your mother. And every other woman.

I completely forgot that Mao Mao's "dad" is actually related to Luo Han.

But man. That whole thing with the old madam is always so frustrating to watch. Like, I kind of don't really get why she refused to let Luo han redeem Feng Xian after he returned.
I think it was to save Feng Xian more pain. She has syphilis right? Others don’t know of Luo Han’s face blindness- the expected reaction would be one of disgust or rejection.

And Gran isn’t as cold as she acts, just a realist. Otherwise why continue to house and care for her? (can’t remember if this was Mei Mei’s actions or not)

It was also a tragedy since her illness could’ve been treated if it was caught in time (such as Uncle being present as physician) and they could’ve married had the babies not been switched, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread