Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 95 - End of the Fight

The road here was too long, IMO, but in all it was a good story.
It could end here and I’d be fine with it.

I’d cut things by perhaps 70%, most of that being explanation of Lunarian social structure (I don’t think it matters to the story. Publish a lore book) and all the repetition of “can we restore the gems on the moon surface?” “I don’t know”.
Maybe cut the number of invasions down.

I’d also have preferred more mystery about the nature of things. The gradual descent into bizarre body horror from some tragic romance story was interesting. The ice floes screaming and talking and tricking Phos into letting them lop their arms off. The fact that the ice forms shapes like the Lunarian ships...

I think the first season of the anime was better, incomplete as it is. An open ended story can be better than an overlong one.

Contributor
I am guessing the hiatus will be shorter than HunterxHunter's standard amount (years).

Aggregator gang
why cant they bring phos to them. are they gonna leave them alone for 10,000 years?

I don't know how the gems were so accepting of the lunarians after millennia of invasions and abductions.
How nice of Adamant to add context to what he said too >>

poor Phos

I hate this in the good way. Phos set out to end the conflict between gem and Lunarians and ultimately succeeded... Who would have thought Phos would become the only sacrifice in the end?
Enma cleverly reversed the majority of the damage he inflicted on previous gems by restoring them as Lunarians, which is another shocking revelation.

I can't handle Phos's pain and suffering imo. I'm glad it'll be on hiatus after this chapter, I just need to lay down and process everything. And maybe look at all the gem silhouettes again, I need to double check who was in the panel. Thank you for translating.

Dex-chan lover
How the fuck does going from "almost everyone is dead" to "all but one live happily ever after" feel like a downgrade?

Dex-chan lover
Everyone's back but Phos is suffering for their sins. What the fuck is victory anymore?

Fed-Kun's army
the fights sequence just before felt like playing for time so the hiatus isnt surprising

Dex-chan lover
What a gambit roulette, it was just Phos suffering all along!

This chapter,, is definitely making me think.

Everyone just gets to live it easy while Phos is going to suffer 10 thousand years,, just wow,, I’m in utter shock. Not surprised either in the haitus, good for me to think.

But at least the author got her PS5-

Users who are viewing this thread