Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 96 - Ten Thousand Years

Dex-chan lover
I hate them, I hate all of them. They rejected Phos' proposal to take everyone to the moon, they broke and shattered him when he asked for peace, they put his pieces throughout the island and was forgotten until Sensei reassembled him just to let him know that he has been forgotten for 220 years. No gem was good, nobody thought about Phos as worthy. All Phos wanted was peace.

Even after fighting against Cinnabar and turning into Half-human, even in his monstrous phase, He asked Sensei to pray for him to let him go and seek nothingness.

In the end, All of the gems DID come to moon turned into Lunarian, turned Phosphophyllite into a scapegoat, till the end Phos was alone. Nobody loved him, nobody wanted him, nobody understood him.

Phosphophyllite is truly a tragic charecter.

I hate them, I hate all of them. They rejected Phos' proposal to take everyone to the moon, they broke and shattered him when he asked for peace, they put his pieces throughout the island and was forgotten until Sensei reassembled him just to let him know that he has been forgotten for 220 years. No gem was good, nobody thought about Phos as worthy. All Phos wanted was peace.

Even after fighting against Cinnabar and turning into Half-human, even in his monstrous phase, He asked Sensei to pray for him to let him go and seek nothingness.

In the end, All of the gems DID come to moon turned into Lunarian, turned Phosphophyllite into a scapegoat, till the end Phos was alone. Nobody loved him, nobody wanted him, nobody understood him.

Phosphophyllite is truly a tragic charecter.
Mate, same. So much in fact, every chapter I'm this much closer to just flinging my laptop out the window out of sheer frustration.

And then this fucking chapter. The whole chapter just kept on piling up the misery, the pure suffering of having to read these.. these.. self-absorbed moon-farts talk about OUR Phos like it's bloody Tuesday! And then on top of these - ON TOP - these two just straight tore my - already bleeding - heart right out:

"Well, I do know he [Phos] always wanted to be special"

and then, by far the worst thing I have read in this entire manga.. From the very lips of the gem I've been shipping with Phos since.. what now seems like centuries ago - Cinnabar. Because, because.. I'm STILL hang up on the fact that it ALL began because Phos wanted to find a job for this ungrateful, disloyal and unfeeling.. log. Remember those times? Gods. I can't even right now.

So. When THAT Cinnabar says:

"I'm just really happy now." [Do you feel bad that Phos isn't with you?] "I feel bad that I don't."

...There's just no words. This might just be one of the worst - if not THE worst - a sentence in a story has managed to hurt me, in a long, long time.

I want to just.. forget about this now, I've had enough pain. I want it to end. But then, I find myself back here yet again, in this masochistic drive to poke with my tongue at the rotting tooth in the back of my mouth, pressing it again and again despite the growing pain, just out of curiosity.

Dex-chan lover
Mate, same. So much in fact, every chapter I'm this much closer to just flinging my laptop out the window out of sheer frustration.

And then this fucking chapter. The whole chapter just kept on piling up the misery, the pure suffering of having to read these.. these.. self-absorbed moon-farts talk about OUR Phos like it's bloody Tuesday! And then on top of these - ON TOP - these two just straight tore my - already bleeding - heart right out:

"Well, I do know he [Phos] always wanted to be special"

and then, by far the worst thing I have read in this entire manga.. From the very lips of the gem I've been shipping with Phos since.. what now seems like centuries ago - Cinnabar. Because, because.. I'm STILL hang up on the fact that it ALL began because Phos wanted to find a job for this ungrateful, disloyal and unfeeling.. log. Remember those times? Gods. I can't even right now.

So. When THAT Cinnabar says:

"I'm just really happy now." [Do you feel bad that Phos isn't with you?] "I feel bad that I don't."

...There's just no words. This might just be one of the worst - if not THE worst - a sentence in a story has managed to hurt me, in a long, long time.

I want to just.. forget about this now, I've had enough pain. I want it to end. But then, I find myself back here yet again, in this masochistic drive to poke with my tongue at the rotting tooth in the back of my mouth, pressing it again and again despite the growing pain, just out of curiosity.
Your post is proof this manga is top art. Thank you.

There's a quote that -- while meant to be comedic -- perfectly illustrates this:

"A quantum supercomputer, calculating for a thousand years, cannot even approach the amount of fucks I do not give"

This is literally everyone in regards to Phos.
It would have been interesting to see phos become like AM from "I have no mouth but I must scream"

The least they could do is remember Phos once a day for all the suffering she went thru for them to get to this point

Double-page supporter
Just like with other commenters here, every page in this chapter just increases the amount of utter disgust I feel for the gems shown in this chapter.
It would have been interesting to see phos become like AM from "I have no mouth but I must scream"
I thought this exactly too. All this disgust just makes me wish Phos got transformed into a AM for Moon people so they can receive what they truly deserve.

44914772ca257f51a5d59e49cae741eb.png

I skimmed through this part after reading the last chapter. Yep, I still hate them.
They didn't deserve to be saved.

Jesus becomes a martyr and spawns a religion for thousands of years. Phos martyrs himself and it's all "why are so selfish" "I never really understood you" "I don't feel bad he's gone". I was really hoping for better resolution on the intergem relationships like we didn't even get one line from Antarc...

Users who are viewing this thread