Land of the Lustrous

This had a bit charm at first, but then the author abandoned character building for inexplicable edgy character actions leading to a vapid deus ex machina ending. I suggest you stop reading when
Phosphophyllitel goes to the moon at which point she just becomes a vehicle for the author to create meaningless conflict leading all his characters to cease to exist, having already degraded the main character to nothing more than a vehicle of destruction.

Fed-Kun's army
This had a bit charm at first, but then the author abandoned character building for inexplicable edgy character actions leading to a vapid deus ex machina ending. I suggest you stop reading when
Phosphophyllitel goes to the moon at which point she just becomes a vehicle for the author to create meaningless conflict leading all his characters to cease to exist, having already degraded the main character to nothing more than a vehicle of destruction.
Bruh. I uh, think you ought to give a certain chapter another read, because all of your criticism is literally explained by one of the characters in the story.
As we find out in ch88, Aechmea had been manipulating Phos from the beginning to find a way to be prayed for without Adamant since he was "broken" and couldn't pray for the Lunarians. Phos becoming a "vehicle of destruction" leading to the Lunarians ceasing to exist was all part of the plan.

As we find out on the moon, Lunarian invasions aren't random, but are deliberately commanded by Enma (ex: Commanding the Lunarians to target Phos' head during an invasion in hopes of them acquiring Lapis' traits.) This is why after Phos gets shattered, the Lunarians stopped invading Earth altogether for 200+ years. They had long since given up on Adamant and all their hopes for achieving nothingness were riding on Phos taking his place.

For you to call this a "deus ex machina" after it being blatantly spelled out means you just weren't paying attention. Everything happened for a reason, and the most recent chapters are proof enough that Phos is going to be a vehicle for change and growth moving forward. The doctor did say that fostering life after the remnants of humanity are gone is Phos' purpose on Earth after all.
FFokQpZXwAAQ7Nz
FFokRDpUUAgu1Jg
4fFhkEA.png
Yyf3fQw.png

Last edited:
Bruh. I uh, think you ought to give a certain chapter another read, because all of your criticism is literally explained by one of the characters in the story.
As we find out in ch88, Aechmea had been manipulating Phos from the beginning to find a way to be prayed for without Adamant since he was "broken" and couldn't pray for the Lunarians. Phos becoming a "vehicle of destruction" leading to the Lunarians ceasing to exist was all part of the plan.

As we find out on the moon, Lunarian invasions aren't random, but are deliberately commanded by Enma (ex: Commanding the Lunarians to target Phos' head during an invasion in hopes of them acquiring Lapis' traits.) This is why after Phos gets shattered, the Lunarians stopped invading Earth altogether for 200+ years. They had long since given up on Adamant and all their hopes for achieving nothingness were riding on Phos taking his place.

For you to call this a "deus ex machina" after it being blatantly spelled out means you just weren't paying attention. Everything happened for a reason, and the most recent chapters are proof enough that Phos is going to be a vehicle for change and growth moving forward. The doctor did say that fostering life after the remnants of humanity are gone is Phos' purpose on Earth after all.
FFokQpZXwAAQ7Nz
FFokRDpUUAgu1Jg
4fFhkEA.png
Yyf3fQw.png
You don't seem to know what a deus ex machina is. There are good deus ex machina, but this isn't one of them. It become a deus ex machina when it turn into a religious myth about a god appearing and ending everything for a number of stupid reasons.
What's inexplicable is why those stupid reasons would lead to such a change in a character in Phos, other than the author was tired of his own story, so he ceased charactar development to have Phos fall for Enmas nonesense and destroy everything. It's a story where the author sides with the crazy villain's position, that mass suicide is the solution, and tries to create and explain a world where that crazy villain's nonsense make sense, as if that's possible.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
You don't seem to know what a deus ex machina is. There are good deus ex machina, but this isn't one of them. It become a deus ex machina when it turn into a religious myth about a god appearing and ending everything for a number of stupid reasons.
What's inexplicable is why those stupid reasons would lead to such a change in a character in Phos, other than the author was tired of his own story, so he ceased charactar development to have Phos fall for Enmas nonesense and destroy everything. It's a story where the author sides with the crazy villain's position, that mass suicide is the solution, and tries to create and explain a world where that crazy villain's nonsense make sense, as if that's possible.
lol
lmao
Screenshot-20230823-042510-Chrome.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
It's as if the author is regretting destroying the manga. The only sensible explanation for the stupid human hating world and the actions of phos is the author creating the manga based on his ideology to create something that's a shadow of a shadow of the real world.
Well first off, the author is a woman which I suppose goes to show how much actual investment you have in this Manga.
And second, this panel literally takes place in the scene right after it happens. There wouldn't even hypothetically be enough time for the author to be regretful if that were even the case.
You're just projecting and fighting your own demons atp.

Well first off, the author is a woman which I suppose goes to show how much actual investment you have in this Manga.
And second, this panel literally takes place in the scene right after it happens. There wouldn't even hypothetically be enough time for the author to be regretful if that were even the case.
You're just projecting and fighting your own demons atp.
Haha, I said it's AS IF she regret it. That the author doesn't just makes it absurd as she tell us a poor story based on a suicidal philosophy.

"Could I be jumping to conclusions? No, it's the author who's schizophrenic."
What? Is english not your first language? Do know what "as if" means? I'm saying it only sounds like the author is regretting making a story where every one seeks death, and i agree with you that she probably isn't, though I think she should.

Dex-chan lover
Only a few chapters in, this does feel more like some Soviet or French art thing than a Japanese Manga. Seems interesting.

Okay, this is very good. Genuinely difficult to put down and stop reading

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
bruh i went back to this manga after reading "Party At The End" and ON GOD none of these fucker deserved to be forgiven. Imaging partying while the person who tried to save your ass suffer for like 10.000 years. He had to endure everything and turned into gem jesus while your ass celebrate for your nothingness.

I hate this but I can't deny how amazing this manga is.

10/10 may we suffer for eternity.

Side note: Party at the End is an artbook that tells the story
of the gems after they are turned into Lunarians. The artbook is set right before chapter 98 (presumably since the timeline in this book is confusing).

Users who are viewing this thread