Land of the Lustrous

Fed-Kun's army
Aaand now we get to wonder how different Cairngorm might be without
the ghost of Ghost subconsciously compelling them to look after Phos.

@tathra I think kingfarley meant the front page image of this manga, it IS spoilerific for new readers. Shouldn't we change it to volume 1 cover?

Group Leader
https://mangadex.org/thread/6777/just-asked-almost-all-manga-cover-revert-to-volume-1

https://mangadex.org/thread/6978/volume-covers-should-be-as-current-as-possible-maybe

Are all characters in this series a bunch of traps!? I know that they are technically genderless they are gemstones after all, but all of them have girlish appearance and refer to themselves and each other as males (for example the usage of onii-sama instead of onee-sama in chapter 66). Pretty sure they used boku in the anime as well, don't take my word for it though because my memory ain't the best ;)

@Soren

Can't be a trap if you have no gender or genitals lol. I think they use those specific honorifics as a symbol of respect or familiarity in general though since they're all one big family in reality.

@Rize_Suzumiya

No shit, but why do they use the male pronoun instead of the female one?

They don't even use the more "correct" gender neutral prounon watashi when they refer to themselves they explicity use the male prounon boku.

So I think that my point still stands regardless.

But I was just trolling with that comment didn't expect a serious response lol.

@Soren

Fuck if I know, but I assume a majority or the gems use Boku, instead of Watashi, either because the gems don't have a proper concept of gender with them being rock people on a post apocalyptic planet, or the author intended for them to be more masculine despite being genderless. Watashi would be the proper pronoun to identify with, but I'm sure there's a more in depth reasoning ?.

@Rize_Suzumiya

And I'm pretty sure that the more in depth reason is that the gems identify themselves as males.

It wouldn't be that out of left field either, they are plenty of people out in the world who identify themself as the opposite gender.

Or as cats, gender neutral, both, etc.

You get my point.

Users who are viewing this thread