Legend - Ch. 100

Aggregator gang
I dont necessarily hate bad translation that are done quick. Then again I read these at 2am while drunk so...
i-see-no-problem-here-crazy-eyes.png

Supporter
I guess we now know why they are called freak! :dogkek:

Mind numbing translation aside. Why want to keep the stone if you don't acknowledge the subjecation. Especially from a guy with a very worrying track record and nickname.

I get that they are trying to delay his departure to try and court him. But Jeez man, try harder than MF guys.

Supporter
Great idea. Treated him like shit before, now they want to court him - by taking the one thing he is very clearly interested in. What information do they even think they can offer Rei? "Umm, that magic stone you gave us was indeed from a unique type of sea serpent." "I know. I killed it. So what?"

Dex-chan lover
I don't think those translation notes on page 12 correspond to the translated text. Lower mana amplification efficiency means the effect will be weaker, while a higher efficiency means a stronger effect. This means that a longer incantation gives you better bang for your buck, probably because you have more time and directions to control the flow of mana, or something like that.

It's expanded with the left bubble in that panel, since he's saying that with a low efficiency, meaning the mana you put in doesn't result in a lot of power, you can still pour in a lot of mana to get a more powerful spell.

I don't think trying to recruit him would be harmful as long as they do so politely and without force. From their perspective, anyway.

Sea serpents aren't vicious and aggressive? At least in fiction they tend to be very temperamental.

I can understand the caution in confirming the kill. It's a wild story.

Why would they break off the fang? If they have the corpse, they can cut it out much more cleanly.

I'd expect the skin to be sold as well. Seems like it's rather tough, which is usable. The meat may or may not be edible.

That is a warning well worth the trouble it can stir up. The magic stone was the entire reason he went there in the first place. Though any guild that steals something that valuable will probably not survive anyway. Other than punishments, no one would trust them after that.

But considering their earlier treatment, I probably wouldn't accept that. Unless maybe if they paid extra.

Why want to keep the stone if you don't acknowledge the subjecation. Especially from a guy with a very worrying track record and nickname.
I'd probably just make that a condition: They can borrow it for a while if they give him the reward for the subjugation.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for bringing this here.

I've read a lot of manhwafreak works. Most of them are titles dropped by better TL teams and most of the manga titles they worked on made my brain rot and I lost some braincells (like what mangaeffect does with the manga 'Drawing').
But in fairness, this past 10 chapters were pretty consistent. It hicks on the grammar at a constant rate but at least the naming of characters and locations are somehow consistent and logical, at least according to the raws (not perfect as one might expect).

Still, I don't like that their site might put cookies or malware on my PC and their unnecessary censorship is utterly nonsensical all the time (even mangaeffect does not censor nudity, let alone a simple unoffensive cleavage) - I mean I've seen manhwafreak also censor panchira scenes (panchira = upskirt shots). Anyway, if anyone still wants to view stuff on their site, make sure you have VPN on at the very least.

Dex-chan lover
I… I can’t take it anymore… I tried to read it but couldn’t get through chapter 86… they expect people to pay to get chapters out but at least a third of it is so grammatically incorrect that it feels like they just mtled it and barely made any changes. Add the censorship on top of that… I’ll wait until someone else (hopefully) picks this up and does an actually good job of translating it.

Dex-chan lover
Wow.

Shitty work, but at least I now know to never give you money, and never go to your site.

This mass release was bad advertising; what a shit job you did.
UTOONS is just them again the mass release was because of a nuke on their site and they dumped their current stuff and paid content here before turning into UTOONS. so watch out for that group as well.

Dex-chan lover
I… I can’t take it anymore… I tried to read it but couldn’t get through chapter 86… they expect people to pay to get chapters out but at least a third of it is so grammatically incorrect that it feels like they just mtled it and barely made any changes. Add the censorship on top of that… I’ll wait until someone else (hopefully) picks this up and does an actually good job of translating it.
if we can actually hit them and UTOONS for using MTL that allows some editing after then MD should remove the chapters that are that shitty.

Dex-chan lover
With the chapter ending like that, it would be nice if the magic stone did, in fact, get stolen. Sure, it would easily be extremely cheap writing, but if there was someone behind the sea serpent suddenly targeting that specific city, it would make sense.

Dex-chan lover
MC will become infamous as a magic stone collector hehe.
Maybe the day will come when someone tries to bribe him using magic stones.

Users who are viewing this thread