Legend of the Great Infidelity - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Old Home

Dex-chan lover
Daamn, that was darker than the last, although given the author's always impressive command of light and dark in the artwork I should hardly be surprised :win:

There's enough ambiguity to work through that I'll be digesting this for a bit. I was half expecting the boyfriend to be a ghost or something...until the rug got pulled out from us at least :korone:

Dex-chan lover
Let's see if I've got this straight...
  • Father believes that his phimosis made his late wife's married life an unhappy one.
  • He has also spied on his teenage daughter's sexual activities and seen that her boyfriend has the same condition.
  • He therefore hires the well-hung Utamaro to rape* his daughter, so that she may learn the true pleasure of a woman.
  • Father assumes that his daughter will then abandon her boyfriend, thus sparing her the sorrow he inflicted on her mother.
  • Father's plan backfires: the rape makes his daughter lose respect for him, but her love for her boyfriend remains strong.
  • In final twist, the daughter tells Father that her late mother / his late wife was always happy in her marriage to him.
So, in trying to protect his daughter from an imaginary threat -- which was only a shadow cast by his own unfounded self-doubt -- Father in the end destroys his relationship with her. Cool idea, crazy execution. I'm liking this series :D

* happily, the law will not consider it rape because the girl is a minor and Utamaro has her father's permission (yikes)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
* happily, the law will not consider it rape because the girl is a minor and Utamaro has her father's permission (yikes)
Yeah, that part really gave me pause. It goes back to the archaic idea that rape is an offense against the father/husband as the owner of the woman. It's effectively a property crime, like cutting down a tree or killing a chicken.

Thankfully society has largely moved away from that concept. Something that wasn't clear in this chapter is how much the daughter consented to the encounter. My reading was that she knew and accepted it, but...I kinda don't want to know the real answer, tbh. That is waaay too deep a rabbit hole :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Something that wasn't clear in this chapter is how much the daughter consented to the encounter. My reading was that she knew and accepted it, but...I kinda don't want to know the real answer, tbh.
Yeah, I also got the impression that the daughter more or less consented, or at least accepted it as her filial duty. Troubling by today's standards, and even Utamaro seems disgusted by what he was hired to do (after the fact, anyway).

Dex-chan lover
You have to be a fucked up human being to even have it occur to you that other human beings think that way. Normal people , if they even imagined this plot would think "nah that's absurd, no one thinks like that. The audience won't find it convincing".
But this matsumoto freak thought "ah yeah what about a father who wants his daughter to get raped by a man with a big dick so that she doesn't fall in love with a man who has phimosis like him and then the daughter tells him about his wife. Yes this works"

Users who are viewing this thread