Life In Tokyo Ichijou - Vol. 6 Ch. 45 - Crossroads

Dex-chan lover
EVERYTHING JUST GOT REAL OH MY GOD

I swear, Kurosaki in spinoffs is absolutely mortifying! If I faced such a force of nature at just 20 years old I would've combusted on the spot. Makes sense why Endou is so very afraid of him.

Thank you for working hard to feed us so well, Dreamy. And what a way to approach the end of the series... It's like we've just been swimming along for most of the volumes leisurely and at the end we got pulled into a vortex.

Just like Ichijou! Into a BOG!

(senseless fangirling fades in the distance)

Dex-chan lover
"How does society know of your brilliance...?"
"Well, a couple of months back I was a really popular hamster influencer on twitter"
"MASAKA.. don't tell me, you are ... Momota (Ichi)?!"

It's nice to see more of the evil side of Kurosaki, after part 6 humanized him a bit with his camping trip with Endou. I hope Kurosaki will get utilized more in the future in Kaiji.

Thanks for the chapters! Only 3 chapters left!

Dex-chan lover
That's actually a kind of a fair point.
For all his posturing, Ichijou's just meandering through life. He's not putting himself out there in any meaningful way.
Sure, plenty of people without degrees make it, but they're people who've learned a skill of two on their own. And again, they put themselves out there, started doing things with their skillset.
Ichijou's just wageslaving hoping something super amazing will fall on his lap just because because he's da bes and that's that.

Double-page supporter
The scene where Ichijou is pedalling through town is really strong. Ichijou considering all different ways of life and pondering what he truly is.
What a tragic chapter. He could have turned it around and stuck to the right, honest path. The humane one. But his ambition took over.

Users who are viewing this thread