Like A Butterfly - Ch. 42

So sad... This hits really close to home since my grandmother had dementia. Thanks for translating.

Fed-Kun's army
Why do this always have onions came in a set with it?? 😭

Ugh, my heart hurts. Onions are my least fav vegie.

As a hobby I love learning and researching various things. Among my various readings, I've learned the following things about alzheimers. Hopefully, some of the info might help someone else.
1) Theory that sleeping on your side the majority of the night helps to prevent it. This is because the brain changes function differently while sleeping and does some kind of "cleaning itself" when we sleep on our side. (from a TED lecture on Youtube) The study discussed in the video showed a large percentage of people that slept on their side for years had much less incidences of alzheimers.
2) Chronic dehydration might encourage alzheimers. This is because there is a fluid space between the brain cells, and the synaptic electrical signals from one neuron to the other needs that fluid to communicate between them. So drinking water is vital not just for everything else our body needs to do, but also to keep our brains healthy. Be wary of beverages that act as a diuretic, such as anything with caffeine, certain teas,or alcohol. Diuretics trigger your body to release water from your system.
3) Physical and mental (memory) exercise helps prevent or improve the condition.

Whether or not any or all of these are true, I don't know. But they make sense and should be helpful overall.

Dex-chan lover
@GreenDragonSage I suspect the sleeping on your side thing might have something to do with snoring and sleep apnea. I know if I sleep on my back, it starts to interrupt my breathing. Apparently that can contribute to getting Alzheimer's. When I switched to my side I stopped snoring (my wife thanks me) and my breathing didn't get interrupted.
Amid all the sadness, I loved the moment when grandpa ran his kid into the ground. "I can keep up!" . . . spirit begins to escape

chae rok(sp?) fucked up on this one. like. ugh. that sucks.

it's all just really sad but it's also so very real

Aggregator gang
😭😭man what the hell i didnt ask to be emotionally tortured 😭

Man, these recent chapters have been so rough. It really hurts to see these great characters go through so much pain. Thank you so much for the new chapters, hope the next one doesn't hurt as much😞

@Purplelibraryguy Good point. I wasn't aware of the sleep apnea connection. I think sleeping on our side does alot of good in different ways. I know that the ideal sleeping position for our digestion and to help reduce possible acid reflux symptoms is to sleep on our left side because of how the stomach angles lower than the les and esophagus when we're on our left side. But the brain one, at least according to the TED lecture, was because there's a physiological change in the brain when we sleep on our side that seems to do some kind of cleaning or detoxifying of the brain. Thanks for the info!

Dex-chan lover
Shit feels bad man. Chae Rok, hurry and make up with Grandpa. The family is already doing a lot to support Grandpa's Alzheimer's.

Group Leader
Thank you for the translations Q_Q I want grandpa to have a happy ending, but Alzheimer's... Is...

Users who are viewing this thread