Listening to the Stars - Ch. 28 - You Don't Know Jackshit!!!

Dex-chan lover
Hi everybody! Just to clarify some translation kinks, I did use "sensei" instead of the regular "teacher" at the end. This is mainly because I think "sensei" fits the mood a lot better and flows much more naturally compared to "Teacher Daylighe." But, I wanted to know, what are your thoughts on this? Do you guys prefer if I just stuck to "teacher", are you fine with me using "sensei", or do you just not care?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please feel free to comment. Stay clean, stay safe, and have a nice day~! I'll see you on the next one!

Dex-chan lover
Hi everybody! Just to clarify some translation kinks, I did use "sensei" instead of the regular "teacher" at the end. This is mainly because I think "sensei" fits the mood a lot better and flows much more naturally compared to "Teacher Daylighe." But, I wanted to know, what are your thoughts on this? Do you guys prefer if I just stuck to "teacher", are you fine with me using "sensei", or do you just not care?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please feel free to comment. Stay clean, stay safe, and have a nice day~! I'll see you on the next one!
Maybe use teacher in Chinese? We already see some honorific and terms in Chinese anyway, if not in this manhua then in others, so it's not like vast majority of us are stranger to that.

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel mixing the languages can feel just as awkward as using teacher, if not more, especially when you inevitably have to use some honorific or terms in Chinese, which means we'll end with English, Chinese and Japanese all mixed.

At least I feel if it's to use foreign word anyway, might as well just use of the original language for consistency.

Dex-chan lover

while I love Sensei, I think you should keep using Teacher. It's more common in manhua (and Chinese entertainment in general) to use Teacher. Also, it's kind of jarring to see/hear a Chinese character using a Japanese term ngl

btw, thanks for your work!

Contributor

I think "sensei" works well in the situation. They're already discussing netspeak and the like and I feel sensei is used prominently enough in that world to make sense.

Dex-chan lover
I think "sensei" works well in the situation. They're already discussing netspeak and the like and I feel sensei is used prominently enough in that world to make sense.
But then that's not really translating, using netspeak as an argument doesn't work because she's not doing that at all, she's using regular teacher in the context of her own language, she's not going full cringe weeboo and using Japanese terms outside of Japan.

@GottagofastSonic, that's arguably more reason of why you can't change it to sensei, it'll give the entirely wrong impression about the characters, as if everyone is some cringe otaku or something, and putting a note about it won't helped because sooner or later you will need to use Chinese terms again, it'll just cause whiplash by mixing completely different Asian cultures, plus it can be a little offensive since they're not interchangeable.

At the end of the day this is a manhua, Chinese culture, ergo, use Chinese terms.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sensei makes sense if she teasing her about having manga knowledge. It's playful banter so sensei works well here ya goons.
It doesn't make sense at all, she's  not teasing her over manga knowledge, and do I need to remind you that in previous chapter "teacher" was also used by the other characters due to the voice acting?

So it doesn't work at all because you're making up context that doesn't exist, so you're the real goon here.
The real question is, what will she call her in bed?
That is a must, obviously.

Group Leader

Thank you for the translation!! I'm always looking forward to this series 😊

Personally I don't mind sensei 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it gets the point across that it's a honorific used in a joking way, and while I get the point of it making her kinda sound like an otaku, I think it's minor enough to be fine, it's not like she's constantly using it

But I also think using laoshi + TLN would be perfectly fine
And teacher is fine too 😋

Dex-chan lover
Personally I don't mind sensei 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it gets the point across that it's a honorific used in a joking way, and while I get the point of it making her kinda sound like an otaku, I think it's minor enough to be fine, it's not like she's constantly using it
Problem is that the word teacher is being used multiple times through the story in the exactly same context as it's been used here, so it doesn't make sense to change it to sensei in this specific situation when everything else stays the same, and changing for everyone is just as jarring.
But I also think using laoshi + TLN would be perfectly fine
And teacher is fine too 😋
Laoshi is definitely better than sensei, at least it's staying true to the original, problem is that changing to sensei implies she actually said the japanese word sensei instead of saying teacher in her own language .

thanks for the translation! also noticed that the logo and cover credits page were translated as well. appreciate the effort!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've decided adopt @MiaMangoManga's suggestion in the end. Also, I fixed the font error on pg8, so everything should now be in order.

Thanks again for the feedback; it was fun to read through everyone's thoughts. I'll see you all next Wednesday!
Are you going to change all stances of teacher? I know chapter 26 has it too, pretty sure it's said other times before.

I don't think you necessarily need to bother though, so I'm asking mostly out of curiosity really.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't make sense at all, she's  not teasing her over manga knowledge, and do I need to remind you that in previous chapter "teacher" was also used by the other characters due to the voice acting?

So it doesn't work at all because you're making up context that doesn't exist, so you're the real goon here.

That is a must, obviously.
Sorry if I upset you. Just wanted to be silly and use the word goon.

I'm no expert. It's just how I read it. I don't think my interpretation is so outlandish though.

Be well.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry if I upset you. Just wanted to be silly and use the word goon.

I'm no expert. It's just how I read it. I don't think my interpretation is so outlandish though.

Be well.
You didn't upset me, sorry if i sounded like that, was just pointing out that's not how she meant teacher.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Are you going to change all stances of teacher? I know chapter 26 has it too, pretty sure it's said other times before.

I don't think you necessarily need to bother though, so I'm asking mostly out of curiosity really.
To answer your question, I've always wanted to clean up the old chapters since I do believe the fonts that were being used did switch from ch19 to ch20; but, it probably won't happen anytime soon. My current focus is on stockpiling chapters, and once we stockpile enough chapters, I'll direct my efforts towards improving the quality of old chapters. Thanks for asking!

Users who are viewing this thread