Listening to the Stars - Ch. 31 - Is That True?

Dex-chan lover
Why are you sniping this? GottagofastSonic was updating weekly and they're not even late on uploads. Did you get in contact with them before deciding to translate this chapter from a language that wasn't the original?
I don't know if GottagofastSonic would mind this version, but I'm sure as hell they wouldn't see it as being a substitute for their version, for various obvious reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you sniping this? GottagofastSonic was updating weekly and they're not even late on uploads. Did you get in contact with them before deciding to translate this chapter from a language that wasn't the original?
This whole "sniping" thing is pointless. If someone wants to translate a series they like, then so be it. As long as they're not stealing someone else's work, who cares?

Dex-chan lover
hi, i upload for the people who wants to read asap. if you want to wait for @GottagofastSonic to upload them its your choice. i don't understand why people get mad at "sniping" without wanting a reason of why the person is uploading even if someone else is already doing it.@Gottagofastsonic can still upload the chapters even if im doing it. it doesnt stop him. and you can also wait to read from him. thats all, have a good day.
There's various reasons why sniping is bad, the most obvious in this case? you're translating from another translation, that by default is garbage work.

Not to mention another version unnecessary since we already have a very fast release, so saying you only want it faster for people who want to read asap is just a pathetic excuse.

Also saying "tHEY caN sTILl Do their OWn VErSiOn" is just a ridiculous excuse, it's like being a massive asshole to everyone and use excuse "BuT iT's noT IllEGal".

Dex-chan lover
This whole "sniping" thing is pointless. If someone wants to translate a series they like, then so be it. As long as they're not stealing someone else's work, who cares?
That's the entire point, it is pointless to work on a series that someone is already translating, that's one of the biggest reason people dislike sniping since they could work on an abandoned series, also, a lot of people cares about it, just because you don't care about it don't make other people complaints less valid, saying "who cares" is not an argument.

sniping is bad because it discourages translators from doing good work. usually snipers will produce a lower quality translation to get it out faster than the actual translators. people will then read the quicker release and dont bother with the higher quality and effort translation becuase they have already read the shittier one thta came out first.

people wo work for free on community projects like translation usually do it for the attention. having someone make a shittier version quicker than you that gets all the views and clicks while your higher effort one barely gets any attention feels bad and often makes people stop contributing.

Dex-chan lover
sniping is bad because it discourages translators from doing good work. usually snipers will produce a lower quality translation to get it out faster than the actual translators. people will then read the quicker release and dont bother with the higher quality and effort translation becuase they have already read the shittier one thta came out first.

people wo work for free on community projects like translation usually do it for the attention. having someone make a shittier version quicker than you that gets all the views and clicks while your higher effort one barely gets any attention feels bad and often makes people stop contributing.
Although you do have some points I would argue not everyone do for the attention, some simply are happy to share good quality translation of series they like, but then they get dismotivated because some will read any garbage and think it's good enough.

Not to mention that vast majority of snipers don't finish what they start, they generally release only a few chapters and either get bored or stop as soon as the compliments start to dry up.

Some of you need to understand that snipers are not your friend.

Dex-chan lover
i don't understand the hate man, the otehr site im taking the translations from did not say about not taking the translations
Other sites are irrelevant, not same community.

The hate is simple and straightfoward:
  • someone already doing it
  • their release is plenty fast
  • proper translation from original chinese
  • better raw
  • better editing and typeset
  • if you really wanted to help you would have offered to help them
  • you could have worked in one of the thousands abandoned series instead
  • you're doing translation of translation
And I'm probably forggeting some reasons really, but what I gave is plenty enough.

Although you do have some points I would argue not everyone do for the attention, some simply are happy to share good quality translation of series they like, but then they get dismotivated because some will read any garbage and think it's good enough.

Not to mention that vast majority of snipers don't finish what they start, they generally release only a few chapters and either get bored or stop as soon as the compliments start to dry up.

Some of you need to understand that snipers are not your friend.
maybe attention isnt the right way to say it but even if people do mostly for themselves. knowing that people like what you do and the possitive attention that it gets is a good motivator to keep you going. you might not explicitly do it for attention or things like that but it is a big motivator.

i know when i contributed it was always nice to get possitive feedback and it made me work harder since i knew people had expectations which needed to be met. it made me push to get within a deadline or do a better job for those that were looking forward to it.

Dex-chan lover
maybe attention isnt the right way to say it but even if people do mostly fro themselves. knowing that people like what you do and the possitive attenion that it gets is a good motivator to keep you going. you might not explicitly do it for attention or things like that but it is a big motivator.

i know when i contributed it was always nice to get possitive feedback and it made me work harder since i knew people had expectations which needed to be met. it made me push to get within a deadline or do a better job for those that were looking forward to it.
I believe the word you want is appreciation, since a lot of these groups put a lot of effort and time into releasing works as high quality as possible, because if it's only for attention any half assed workd gets plenty of it, especially if it's for some series that have been abandoned for a long time.

You can get infinitely more attention by rushing countless series than wasting time in doing the best possible in one or few.

Unfortunately vast majority of snipers don't even care about feedback besides praise, some outright make clear from the begining they're doing half assed word and won't try to improve at all.

Really, it's no wonder proper groups lose motivation and then series stay abandoned when sniper inevitably drops it, but as usual spoiled entitle ungrateful children don't understand or care how much effort some people put in their releases, all that matters is that it's released as fast as possible.

I believe the word you want is appreciation, since a lot of these groups put a lot of effort and time into releasing works as high quality as possible, because if it's only for attention any half assed workd gets plenty of it, especially if it's for some series that have been abandoned for a long time.

You can get infinitely more attention by rushing countless series than wasting time in doing the best possible in one or few.

Unfortunately vast majority of snipers don't even care about feedback besides praise, some outright make clear from the begining they're doing half assed word and won't try to improve at all.

Really, it's no wonder proper groups lose motivation and then series stay abandoned when sniper inevitably drops it, but as usual spoiled entitle ungrateful children don't understand or care how much effort some people put in their releases, all that matters is that it's released as fast as possible.
yeah your right. english is not my first language so finding the correct word that best describes what i mean can sometimes difficult

Dex-chan lover
yeah your right. english is not my first language so finding the correct word that best describes what i mean can sometimes difficult
it's cool, it happens lol, some words can be more elusive if you don't know enough of the language.

I have my suspicious that a lot of people who defend mtl and sniping are not english native speakers or just don't know english well enough, so they literally don't realize just how bad these versions are.

Aggregator gang
i don't understand the hate man, the otehr site im taking the translations from did not say about not taking the translations
wait are you saying that you didn't even ask them about repackaging their work to put on a different site

There's various reasons why sniping is bad, the most obvious in this case? you're translating from another translation, that by default is garbage work.

Not to mention another version unnecessary since we already have a very fast release, so saying you only want it faster for people who want to read asap is just a pathetic excuse.

Also saying "tHEY caN sTILl Do their OWn VErSiOn" is just a ridiculous excuse, it's like being a massive asshole to everyone and use excuse "BuT iT's noT IllEGal".

Users who are viewing this thread