Looking for a specific comic whos name I forgot

I could have sworn I bookmarked it but I can not find it at all, I've spent alot of time trying to refind it. I'm pretty sure it's not a "manga" but this is the forum headers I'm given.

It's colored. A guy finds out he is dying of cancer, and tries a bunch of different ways to cure himself. He eventually settles on kong fu/chi stuff as the most useful but it's still not enough to beat back his cancer. One day while training in the mountains he falls through a hole in space or something and finds himself in another world. Some of the technology he had on him doesn't work. What does work is the kong fu chi stuff he learned. This world has mana and the chi stuff uses mana and he manages to beat back the cancer and get really strong.

Which is fortunate for him because this worlds filled with dangerous monsters. He settles on using a make shift sling built from him cutting up his backpack which he uses on this black panther type creature. He risks his life for some woman that were captured by orcs or something like that and gets taken back by the woman to their village, but they can't communicate with each other since he hasn't learned their language yet.

Oh while we're at it, there was another comic I was reading a long time ago that I got no clue how to find the name of.

It's a weird combination of slice of life and semi-apocolyptic alien invasion aftermath.

One day on earth these spheres all appeared. Giant spheres, medium spheres, and small spheres. The small spheres move around and eat people(I think they absorb them like blobs? but retaining their more spherical shape) , they can be destroyed but with some difficulty. The medium spheres split into small spheres if enough force is applied to them, but that requires alot of force, otherwise they just sit where they are, but it is dangerous to be too close to them. The giant spheres are humongous, taking up immense amount of area and like the medium spheres just sit around, but are also impervious to like everything, nuclear warheads etc. Some of the medium and huge spheres sit on the ground with all that was there before just missing, and some float in the sky and block out the sun. The spheres might also be increasing, but it's difficult for anyone to know because of the state of civilization makes getting a tally of them difficult. I believe the color the sky changed since then too.

The story is set in a school where kids are trained to be fighters because the worlds population has been devastated dealing with these spheres and every fighter is needed. The story follows these kids semi-tragic life as they live in these boot camp school and even are sometimes required to fight and die. The school/government of course prefers not to send the kids on the front lines but sometimes it can't be helped, and things are slowly getting worse as supplies and fighters are lost.

I could have sworn purple was involved somehow, like the spheres and sky were purple or something, but maybe not. I can't even remember if it was fully or semi colored or not colored at all.

Dex-chan lover
Saw this and read it in one sitting. Would recommend but never read again

Yep, those are it. BTW I recommend Road of Karma except it seems to have been suddenly axed at chapter 40 with a rather abrupt ending. After-school is like psychological and pretty depressing even if it doesn't have an apocalyptic ending.

Users who are viewing this thread