Looking for an Idol - Vol. 10 Ch. 73 - 10 lives, 10 colors

I know Kanroji was probably based a lot on Mayumi Yoshida herself, but her having a manga called "Lemon Feelings" serializing in a magazine called "Momo" is the funniest fucking thing

Anyways huge shoutout to y'all for translating this series to the end, I'm going to miss it so much

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What da..! that's me when i saw it was it was the last chapter. Thank you so much for the fantastic translation and typesetting. I hope to be able to read more of Yoshida's works in the future, she's absolutely phenomenal in both art and writing. and shout out to Setagaya-ku!!

Dex-chan lover
Whew, that was a good read! Loved it. There's just something about old josei like that... (Oops - checked and it's actually shoujo, didn't feel like that to me!)
Not sure how I feel about the ending for the characters. I guess it is very realistic, just as the whole manga is in many regards. Some people really grow, some set into an everyday routine, and some still don't have it all figured out.
Think Kanro turned out to be my favourite, although I'd imagine it's a rather obvious pick - her chraacter had the most growth and that was satisfying to follow.

Very much appreciate you guys translating this work and keeping it up until the end. This was a high quality translation, and typesetting, and the notes, all of it. Very much enjoyed reading this work.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation! This has been such a lovely read and a fascinating look at 80s-era Japan. I really appreciated how many little notes were translated each chapter.

I love that at the very end there's a list of the songs from each chapter. Now I have even more old music to look up~ it's been odd seeing Senri Oe as a young pop star here (apart from the general oddity of him being a manga character) because I only knew him as a jazz pianist..... I wish the soundtrack or movie adaptation were easier to find but I guess they've probably been lost to time. ;;

Users who are viewing this thread