Love at 14 - Vol. 9 Ch. 39.2 - Intermission 54

Dex-chan lover
how old was she again? the youngest normally would be around 21 if she went for 3 years teaching license after HS, meaning they are at least 7 years apart.... not that absurd honestly...

Dex-chan lover
He gained an understanding of one emotion more, so it makes sense his singing would be affected. For the better, in this case.

@no168_92 I've no recollection of if it has been stated. She seems pretty young, though, so I'd guess below 25. If it's so, the only things absurd would be the student-teacher relationship, plus the minor-adult one, naturally. Both of which are taboo. However, once he's 18, she still won't be an old woman, which is the important part. All in all, if he didn't have her, he would probably grow into a much worse man, so even if their relationship remains ambiguous, it wouldn't necessary matter.

Fed-Kun's army
They are still kids at 14, specially if you are over 20. What I mean is, dont molest teenagers.

Dex-chan lover
@no168_92 The more significant issue is that she is in a position of authority and guidance for him. She is literally his teacher. He is supposed to look to her for, literally, maturity.

Am I saying that she is being malicious? That she is trying to corrupt him? No. Obviously not. But that's not the point. They are in such a fundamentally incompatible relationship that EVEN IF both of them are completely upfront and not trying to take advantage of the other, it is still bad.

That is the argument. That no matter what, their positions make any relationship fundamentally bad.

I'm playing devil's advocate.II think this series is kind of lackluster.

Ttanslation is pretty well done, i couldn't tell it was done by google, thanks for the chap!

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 The ironic thing is that she's the only person saving him. He's the delinquent who was going to waste, until she made it her personal job to try to cultivate his singing talent, to show him he's good at something and worth something, that someone in the world appreciates him and likes him for what he is. If Hinohara's taken away due to the relationship being inappropriate, he will again go bad, only with even more force. If you show a disillusioned person some hope, only to snatch the hope away at the last moment, everything will come crashing down more harshly than it already was.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme I do not disagree. Her helping her student is good. It is what she is supposed to do. However, if they try to pursue a romantic relationship, that would be crossing a line.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 Yeah. I like how the story is dancing around that issue, on both sides of the line. It also seems like Nagai isn't even mature enough to really be involved in a romantic relationship. His inexperience with all kinds of relationships is showing (which is understandable since he's a loner delinquent and his home has to be broken for that to be the case). On the other hand it seems extremely unlikely Hinohara would simply rape him, even if she could. As long as they are both happy, I wouldn't mind it continuing like this.

Users who are viewing this thread