Łucja of Steel - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Blood and Steam

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'll be frank.
A weapon that endangers it's users life isn't a good weapon at all, even if it is powerful.
Calling that shit genius is pretty appaling to actual engineering works. It's Mad Scientist shit.
Weapons are best when they can ensure the users safety, not when they fricking blow up while the user is inside them.

Dex-chan lover
Oh that's some interesting world building. In trying to be cutting edge, Steamsmiths made armors that went beyond what was currently possible. It was powerful, but it constantly backfired on the users and hurt them.

I wonder how Łucja got the "Dragon Armor of Babel"? She's been using it pretty well, but not to its full potential. It's a good thing Lucy went to Cantor to see what it was. If she kept using it, she would have eventually been harmed!

Dex-chan lover
All these patrons and there are so many grammatical mistakes in this... And yet you have translators with no patrons/donations that do a much better job, lol.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'll be frank.
A weapon that endangers it's users life isn't a good weapon at all, even if it is powerful.
Calling that shit genius is pretty appaling to actual engineering works. It's Mad Scientist shit.
Weapons are best when they can ensure the users safety, not when they fricking blow up while the user is inside them.
I mean, it’s a fictional manga about knights using the power of steam to fight each other. Did you honestly expect realism here?

Also, most early forms of technology tend to be dangerous to the user (and anybody nearby, on occasion). Early cannons for instance had a tendency to explode and kill their users (which is where the phrase "hoist upon their own petard" came from, a petard being a form of early cannon) and the first aircraft weren't exactly sturdy or well-built. In that sense, I could totally understand early steam armor being both powerful and dangerous to use, as they hadn't quite figured out how to work out the kinks yet.

Users who are viewing this thread