Machida-kun's World - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Aggregator gang
I like Inohara san but I hope that she doesn't end up dating Machida because I love the way he treats everyone like family / the same so even though this is normal it would be kind of sad in my opinion to see him treat her differently that's just me tho

@cherokeemoon

I mean he already does have some exceptions, he definitely has special cases for his siblings, like the reaction he has to his sisters being courted. And nothing about having an exception for romantic love as well would in any way devalue his love for people in general.

Enforcing some sort of arbitrary rule of universal equality just makes him feel like some inhuman love robot instead of someone who legitimately sees the humanity in everyone around him. Prioritizing some platonic ideal over the actual experiences the character is having is putting the cart before the horse.

That said, it would have been interesting to see a manga about this sort of character that didn't have a love interest, I can sympathize with that. But I don't find it sad so much as I think it's just a less original overarching plot line to have, on paper at least. Depending on how it's executed it could still be fairly original/interesting, and either way it's not actively detremental to the other aspects of this work that are novel and enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
@cherokeemoon You are quite cruel, aren't you? What you are saying is that he should keep supporting other people forever to find their happiness, while he himself would remain alone, till old age claimed him. In reality even if he started to date Inohara, it's not like his personality would suffer a 180 degrees change, or even 90 or 45 or 22.5 degrees change. He would still be the same, no doubt. In fact I believe if he didn't eventually have a family of his own, he could grow bitter and regretful precisely because people mean so much to him. Having a family of his own would be the epitome of caring about people.

Aggregator gang
Machidaism lol.
This manga is very wholesome and heart warming.

"Why don't you just take some time" i feel like im always rushing into things and feel like i need to accomplish them asap. Then I would feel like a failure for not being to achieve anything. So this advice really hits me in the feels.

Users who are viewing this thread