MagiLumiere Co., Ltd. - Ch. 116 - Waiting

About ~20 chapters ago I said that this entire thing was derailed by the twist and escalation of the plot for no good reason, and I’m sticking to that.

Granted - it’s been handled well. Not amazing - Koga’s secret reveal and everything have kinda undermined AST’s original presentation. It’s also put into sharp focus how incoherent the story was at the start, especially with regards to its opinions on corporations and regulation in general. But most of all, it’s just delayed the moment where Kana and Tsuchiba get to be honest, good friends - and kept the main cast in stasis for over 6 months.

Can’t blame Iwata and Aoki all too much; this clearly wasn’t the plan. The general strokes maybe, but the whole twist definitely just existed to desperately keep readership. And to no good end either - the story’s just been stopped in its tracks for so long, and we’re only now back on track. What’s the point of Jump+ if the authors aren’t going to be allowed to end stories on their own terms? You might as well force them to have an internal ranking as well. It’s awful for the authors.

Last edited:
Ah yeah.
Kana has been too busy and forgot she has made her gf wait and now afraid of contacting her...
It went way better than expected, everyone is working and these two just talking.
I'm sire Tsuchiba will punish Kana a lot on bed for making her wait for a long time. 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread