Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Mami Tomoe's Everyday Life

Dex-chan lover
I remember getting the Japanese manga for this. Honestly, it seems like the mangaka is losing all interest in the manga. The art style starts phoning in around volume 4-5, Mami hardly does any magic, and when she does, it is canonically NOT the kind she uses in the show, guest appearances (IE her other magical friends) are mostly in the first 4ish volumes.

I personally found it really disappointing, as I would have loved a Slice of Life of 30 year old magical girls where they are just trying to get by.

Probably the best Madoka spin off that does this the right way was Madoka Engawa (but it does it while the girls are still teens) but pulls off the magical slice of life almost perfectly (and hilariously)

I remember getting the Japanese manga for this. Honestly, it seems like the mangaka is losing all interest in the manga. The art style starts phoning in around volume 4-5, Mami hardly does any magic, and when she does, it is canonically NOT the kind she uses in the show, guest appearances (IE her other magical friends) are mostly in the first 4ish volumes.

I personally found it really disappointing, as I would have loved a Slice of Life of 30 year old magical girls where they are just trying to get by.

Probably the best Madoka spin off that does this the right way was Madoka Engawa (but it does it while the girls are still teens) but pulls off the magical slice of life almost perfectly (and hilariously)
I hear there is a point where this series had an ending of some kind but then just keeps going, through I have no idea when that was. I presume thats when the mangaka may have been losing interest

Dex-chan lover
I hear there is a point where this series had an ending of some kind but then just keeps going, through I have no idea when that was. I presume thats when the mangaka may have been losing interest
There was usually a volume released every year, but as of late, they missed that year mark. It's possible they switched the chapter releases to be every several months.
I know Acchi Kocchi manga releases almost every 2.5 years lol

Users who are viewing this thread