Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Double Seven-hen - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Inspection

Dex-chan lover
Kanda is really stretching those numbers, isn't he. If 65% chose to go to university, and of those 45% chose to then join the military, that combined with the 10% that go straight to the military is still only 39% of students, a rather far cry from the "nearly half" that he claims. Well, that's politics for you, I guess, always twisting the facts and skewing the numbers in their favor, and getting away with it because no one wants to bother fact checking once emotions get involved.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit confused what Shippou's dad mean by the Saegusa head will handle the issue. Wasn't it the Saegusa head that brought Kanda to school?

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit confused what Shippou's dad mean by the Saegusa head will handle the issue. Wasn't it the Saegusa head that brought Kanda to school?
I believe the plan was that the Saegusa's would bring him to the school and control what he sees so he either leaves with nothing useful for his agenda or at least leaves with only information they can do damage control on.

It's a bit like how certain countries are usually very isolationist, but will open their borders to certain people and put on a show to make the situation look better than it is, with some people outside those countries then being fooled into believing that the utopia from the performance is the truth even when they have firsthand testimony to the contrary.

Dex-chan lover
I believe the plan was that the Saegusa's would bring him to the school and control what he sees so he either leaves with nothing useful for his agenda or at least leaves with only information they can do damage control on.

It's a bit like how certain countries are usually very isolationist, but will open their borders to certain people and put on a show to make the situation look better than it is, with some people outside those countries then being fooled into believing that the utopia from the performance is the truth even when they have firsthand testimony to the contrary.
Except the one that make plans to show what Kanda should see was Tatsuya. And he planned it himself without working together with the Saegusa.

Dex-chan lover
Except the one that make plans to show what Kanda should see was Tatsuya. And he planned it himself without working together with the Saegusa.
Things don't always go to plan, or it is simply that they expected Tatsuya to do something like that even if they didn't tell him anything directly. Don't you think it odd that there was nothing else going on at the school he could have visited? You'd think there would always be at least one class doing some form of practical lesson or test he could observe even if no one was running a special experiment, but Tatsuya's little demonstration was the only thing he could observe. They either already planned for Tatsuya to make some kind of move and didn't want to make any overt contact in case someone noticed and twisted the facts, or the plan was for there to be nothing for Kanda to see so he has to leave empty-handed and make it easy to debunk any claims he might make about what he saw or thinks he saw.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Things don't always go to plan, or it is simply that they expected Tatsuya to do something like that even if they didn't tell him anything directly. Don't you think it odd that there was nothing else going on at the school he could have visited? You'd think there would always be at least one class doing some form of practical lesson or test he could observe even if no one was running a special experiment, but Tatsuya's little demonstration was the only thing he could observe. They either already planned for Tatsuya to make some kind of move and didn't want to make any overt contact in case someone noticed and twisted the facts, or the plan was for there to be nothing for Kanda to see so he has to leave empty-handed and make it easy to debunk any claims he might make about what he saw or thinks he saw.
I wonder if you're not familiar with Tatsuya family situation, as well as the situation between Yotsuba vs Saegusa.

Tatsuya got info from Yotsuba that Kanda was coming. He, as part of the student council, made plan to do flashy experiment. Since, again, he was part of the student council, it's easy to arrange with the school to make his experiment to be the only one available that day.

This all has nothing to do with the Saegusa family. Not only because Tatsuya's tie with Yotsuba was unknown, but also because Yotsuba and Saegusa are not on good terms.

Thus I wondered what role the Saegusa had other than bringing trouble (Kanda) to school.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if you're not familiar with Tatsuya family situation, as well as the situation between Yotsuba vs Saegusa.

Tatsuya got info from Yotsuba that Kanda was coming. He, as part of the student council, made plan to do flashy experiment. Since, again, he was part of the student council, it's easy to arrange with the school to make his experiment to be the only one available that day.

This all has nothing to do with the Saegusa family. Not only because Tatsuya's tie with Yotsuba was unknown, but also because Yotsuba and Saegusa are not on good terms.

Thus I wondered what role the Saegusa had other than bringing trouble (Kanda) to school.
The Yotsuba's aren't on good terms with the Saegusa's, but Tatsuya is on good terms with at least their daughter, and they know through her that he always seems to be a few steps ahead of everything with plans at the ready (or already in progress) whenever SHTF. So they might have expected that he would somehow know about Kanda visiting and have some response.
Alternatively, as I thought I had been making abundantly clear, they might have simply planned for Kanda to show up and have absolutely nothing to see, so they could ruin his credibility and weaken the anti-magic faction.

Users who are viewing this thread