Mahousekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu! - Vol. 1 Ch. 0

Dex-chan lover
So far getting a sort of Aria vibe with a young girl going into a job path due to 'admiration' of a veteran in said job.

Dex-chan lover
So we're just going to ignore that the horse ate the letter? Okay...

Dex-chan lover
of course receptionists need to be strong because adventurers might brawl and they needed to intervene, even sometime the guild will ask them to do undercover mission and assassination... what job are we talking about again?

edit : and @Aichan maybe they fed the horse information about their destination by mean of paper?

Dex-chan lover
@endo54: I can see a few possibilities.

1. The requirement is specific to Haare, being in the King's City, because the staffs here are essentially the Kingdom's emergency army, running the guild normally until something serious show up then they get sent out to deal with it.

2.That receptionist alone is the OP one, the rest are more 'normal' in term of standards.

Either way I get a feeling the parents simply misunderstood the goal Nanari has (to be that ever smiling, cordial receptionist) as something grander, and so they sent her to the school where nobles and royalties attend.
Basically I'm expecting a lot of Unreliable Narrator and a whole slew of misunderstanding comedy.

3a1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So, after a little of digging to find where the publicly available raw of the manga is (up to ch 1 part 2) and where the WN is to see whether it's worth the wait.

So far:
Ch 1.1 and 1.2 are just character intro (including a half-year time skip) towards a 'magic aptitude test' basically.

Basically there' 6 types:

Fire Wind Water Ice Earth Lightning

Water and Ice have some similarity, but the way the teacher explain is that "the simplest way of differentiating them is whether initially the magic come out as ice or water"

So everyone do their test, all causing some elemental phenomenon around them (shoot lightning, wind, etc)

Then Nanali's turn.
Nothing happened in her palm.

Then a girl who hate her gut pointed at her and screamed "Your hair!"

She grabbed her hair, it's light blue.

MC: !?!?!?!!?
Teacher: Oh, well, since magic resides in your blood, something like this does happens on a rare occasion
MC: Wait, I can't cancel this!?
Teacher: NOPE

MC WHAT THE HELL IS MY MAGIC TYPE!? BEAUTIFICATION TYPE!?

Then the room's temperature dropped.
Some thing falling down, and someone grabbed one and muttered "it's ice crystal, how pretty"

Teach: So you're Ice type. Which makes you the only one among this class. I don't know about the other classes, but as expected they're the minority huh"

So there you go, in case anyone wonder if the girl with light blue hair on the cover is our heroine or not, it is her.

Also there's a 2 years time skip right after that :v

Nep

Dex-chan lover
So... Does anyone know why you need to be an amazing person to be a receptionist? MC OPness aside, thats what her parents said. Or is this like the video games where the actual heroes are lv 1-50 (at end game content) while NPCs are lv 70-99

That's some high end requirements for a receptionist. Either...

1. This is one of those world where the receptionist have combat roles like testing adventurers
2. Haare is a particularly prestigious guild with elevated demands and roles
3. Parents tricked her so she will continue to study and have more skills when she gets older.
4. HR making absurd demands like how we witnessed job listings requiring 5 years of job experience and a smorgasbord of skills for an entry level job.

Dex-chan lover
Job: Receptionist
Requirement: 5 years of experience, master degree, proficiency in four multiple languages, two olympic medal.

Someone tell what the fuck do receptionist do?

Users who are viewing this thread