Maigo ni Natteita Youjo wo Tasuketara, Otonari ni Sumu Bishoujo Ryuugakusei ga Ie ni Asobi ni Kuru You ni Natta Ken Nitsuite - Ch. 1

Contributor
"But to be honest, I should have intervened".
Ma'am, you should have intervened, absolutely. Stop that boy from becoming a discount loner Hachiman. That she's being a little unfair is just her teaching him that the world of adults is full of unfairness, when he finally enters one of those infamous black companies with unreasonable and dumb bosses.

Charlotte's adorable little sister Emma helping bring her and Akihito together helps this stand out to me from a sea of similar [beautiful girl x ordinary guy] self-insert wish fulfillment romcoms out there. Akihito actually being fluent at English is also something that helps him stand out to me. Japanese people who are fluent at English are already rare enough given the poor quality of their "English" subjects at school, and here we have a protagonist who has such a skill? Color me impressed.

Dex-chan lover
Securing the trust of family member of the one you like is the best way to get the person. Of course it's quite difficult, but it will leave you with broader options later on.

Double-page supporter
So this one got adapted huh?
I used to read the WN but dropped it when the drama portion about the MC's past and family started.
Hopefully the manga and the LN at least water down the drama. These kind of stories really become a pain to read once they decide to add drama to it.
The translation is quite good but there are a few inconsistencies, mainly with the names of the characters. Thanks for the translation
On a side note, where can i find the English translation of the LN? I really want to read the LN now that they have adapted it.

Group Leader
So this one got adapted huh?
I used to read the WN but dropped it when the drama portion about the MC's past and family started.
Hopefully the manga and the LN at least water down the drama. These kind of stories really become a pain to read once they decide to add drama to it.
The translation is quite good but there are a few inconsistencies, mainly with the names of the characters. Thanks for the translation
On a side note, where can i find the English translation of the LN? I really want to read the LN now that they have adapted it.
quality control issues will be addressed as we update the pages. We’re working on it 🫡

make an account and refer to novel updates for the English volumes. Fungus FTLs (reki) has done volumes 1-4 and we’re working on volume 5. Alternatively just look up fungus ftls on google

Dex-chan lover
I know these adaptations are really "one route eroge with no ero" which will take years before substantial progress because they're stingy to use up the books but damn little sister cute I'm in.

Dex-chan lover
ITS ALL OVER FOR THE RIVALS KEKW

THE SISTER LIKES HIM ALREADY
images

Dex-chan lover
The novel is good, but when the plot gets too far-fetched for a story about a teenager, I abandoned it. I hate stories where the person is normal, but then it turns out that in the past they were fighting against the Chilean Cartel or something similar.

Dex-chan lover
The novel is good, but when the plot gets too far-fetched for a story about a teenager, I abandoned it. I hate stories where the person is normal, but then it turns out that in the past they were fighting against the Chilean Cartel or something similar.
That's a problem many inexperienced writers have.
They stretch the initial premise as far as they can, and when they need to branch out to keep the story fresh or move beyond the initial premise, they often lack the experience or imagination to do so effectively. Instead, they introduce exaggerated elements to keep it "interesting" and engage the reader, not realizing this can actually hurt the premise.

This happens even more often in web novels, which often have no quality control or an editor to help guide the story without going overboard.

Aggregator gang
Good translation, Okay Romcom start, Promise of development as per Light Novel reference.

Alright. I'll bite. Looking forward to future chapters. Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Hello everyone. My name is Anth, and I am one of the leads at Kanin Group. I want to apologize for the low scanlation quality. This chapter was uploaded within three hours of the Japanese chapter's release. We wanted to get it out as SOON as possible, so we had to skip out on a few things that we normally would do.

Rest assured, this series is in good hands. We will be replacing the current images within the next couple of days, such as with proper SFX and higher resolution images. Please look forward to that. Nice to meet you, and I look forward to the next few months together!
There are also a couple of typos, but I'm sure you'll get around to those as well.

Dex-chan lover
A Japanese person speaking English vs an English person speaking Japanese should indeed make the English person more exceptional, but strangely enough they aren't completely different things, like Akihito seems to be suggesting here. There are a whole lot of young adult Japanese university students who don't understand practically any English. If university students can be like that, just imagine folks who didn't follow a path as naturally international as university studies. Japan is big and developed enough to provide a lot of material for domestic consumption, but also the size of the market makes sure foreign companies will fully translate everything in Japanese, should they plan to do business in Japan. So, a Japanese person can easily live their whole life without needing to know more English than a few basic words (along the lines of On/Off for a power switch).

So, yes, they are different, but not completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread