[Mainsite] Middle Mouse Click Chapter Link Opens Two Identical Tabs At Once [Fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I'm browsing in Firefox, and starting today (sometime past noon EST since it didn't happen earlier), using the scroll wheel button to open a new tab in Firefox causes two identical tabs to open, and it forces your browser to focus on the last of the two tabs as if you chose to view it. This does not occur if you middle click any other link on the website; only when middle clicking a chapter link. I have tested in Opera, Chrome, and even Microsoft Edge, and it does not occur there.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Open Mozilla Firefox (110.0 (64-bit))
  • Go to any link that opens a specific chapter of any manga
  • Use the middle mouse button/scroll wheel to open the tab instead of left clicking

I have no idea how this even happens, but it does.

Dex-chan lover
Chrome is also busted for me. No force focusing on the new tab but it also pops open 2 new tabs (if I allow popups).
oc6StNX.png

This happens for me as well. The behavior happens whenever you click any part of the chapter, including the translation group or the uploader. In those cases, the first tab is the thing you clicked [the chapter, translation group, uploader] and the second tab is always the chapter and forces the browser to change focus to it.

It seems like the issue is related to the mouseup event. If it's disabled, the middle mouse click works fine.

Contributor
Confirm the bug, in my case using the middle mouse button open a new tab and a new window in background. A duplicate indeed.

Firefox, any version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread