Makai Youjo ni Tensei Shita Oji-san wa Heiwa no Tame ni Maou ni Naritai - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Gears of Azerbain Are Like Silver Bullets

Dex-chan lover
yeah I don't really like this development because it's like, oh no the older brother could have marked her and basically won the throne by having TWO of his siblings working under him but he didn't because he didn't wanna. And oh no he took Hiyo's core which would allow him to kill her and again make a massive step towards claiming the throne but he didn't because... he didn't wanna!!

It's like I get that this chapter is establishing alchemy as a more central thing but. Don't do that by having an enemy show up claim ultimate victory twice and throw it away twice because otherwise the story couldn't happen. Have him not just win instead.

Contributor
…I’m sorry, I couldn’t follow this chapter at all.

I try to be more lenient towards gender bending series, but I can see why this series was cancelled.

• Dumb
Reactions: reu
…I’m sorry, I couldn’t follow this chapter at all.

I try to be more lenient towards gender bending series, but I can see why this series was cancelled.
previous ch, MC got attacked by MC's body's older brother and got her core taken

in an even older ch, the "doctor" was introduced and was the one who put MC into their current body (from what i can remember)

"doctor" made hero use alchemy to cure MC, and gave MC an artificial core that also allows them access to alchemy because demons no longer (or i suppose cannot) access alchemy

sword spirit reveals that the "doctor" is the one that created them

elder brother shows up again to try and take the other sister's core but is saved by MC

yep, this chapter is a jumble of a whole bunch of things and doesn't even really explain it that well...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, kill him off and don't start the redemption bullsh**, though I can already smell it coming, like you can't start saying later 'He did it to protect them' cause he did clearly poison her and that wasn't the first time for him.

Dex-chan lover
It's cancelled? Aw man. 😞
I haven't used gimp in ages. I've heard good things about the affinity suite. IIRC they offer a perpetual license (but I always expect business strategies like that not to last).

Group Leader
Pirating Adobe software is not an option - it's an obligation.
Also, I don't think that the chapter was convoluted - it was pretty easy to follow, imo

• This
Reactions: reu
Dex-chan lover
yeah I don't really like this development because it's like, oh no the older brother could have marked her and basically won the throne by having TWO of his siblings working under him but he didn't because he didn't wanna. And oh no he took Hiyo's core which would allow him to kill her and again make a massive step towards claiming the throne but he didn't because... he didn't wanna!!

It's like I get that this chapter is establishing alchemy as a more central thing but. Don't do that by having an enemy show up claim ultimate victory twice and throw it away twice because otherwise the story couldn't happen. Have him not just win instead.
Didn't they say that he doesn't care about the throne and just wants it for his collection? As for why he showed up twice, it could be that he got fascinated with the core and wanted to study it, then came back once he was satisfied to get the other one

Dex-chan lover
Didn't they say that he doesn't care about the throne and just wants it for his collection? As for why he showed up twice, it could be that he got fascinated with the core and wanted to study it, then came back once he was satisfied to get the other one
That's literally the problem yes. He's not to be interested in the throne because otherwise he'd have won twice this chapter alone. And it's not good writing to go "oh but he doesn't so we're fine"

Ultimately it's not such a cricital flaw that it ruins the story but it does make it obvious that the author wrote themselves into a corner for a cool scene and, well that's something you'd want to avoid as a writer.

Dex-chan lover
That's literally the problem yes. He's not to be interested in the throne because otherwise he'd have won twice this chapter alone. And it's not good writing to go "oh but he doesn't so we're fine"

Ultimately it's not such a cricital flaw that it ruins the story but it does make it obvious that the author wrote themselves into a corner for a cool scene and, well that's something you'd want to avoid as a writer.
Well, isn't this same as when the older sister came and told her she will attack her when in reality she could have took her down then?

I think this is going to be a theme

Users who are viewing this thread