[Manga Identification] two children have chibi ladybug girl robot, Team Rocket knockoffs try to steal?

Contributor
I read this scanlated many years ago...
Things I remember:

the robot looked like a girl crossed with a ladybug?
two children who had the robot, girl and boy, were siblings
evil Team Rocket group wanted to steal said robot, the Jessie had crush on their scientist father and MAY have worked with him under civilian identity?
The father's field MAY have been space-related? He may have also been the maker of the robot, iirc I think he was.

Iirc the manga was pretty hilarious and had a definite retro 90's video game vibe.

I think I read it in the early 2000's on Onemanga or something. :x

Any ideas?

Contributor
I thiiink that the sister may have had a brother complex iirc.

The whole thing MAY have involved space, like maybe their father was in outer space, or trying to get there?

Does anyone remember this? It was a funny series and it's bothering me that I never finished reading it. :(

Contributor
It was just an obscure manga iirc; no anime.

The girl ladybug robot was a chibi drawn in 90's style with roughly the same PROPORTIONS as Astro Boy, but not that style.

The villains were like Flint Time Detective but it was not that series... Ugh this is bothering me, I can usually find stuff..! :( I hope it wasn't lost to the interwebs. It was pretty obscure and this was a decade ago... It was really funny, especially the original-oc-donut-steal-JessiefromTeamRocket villain who was OBVIOUSLY the professor's coworker(? Kouhai?) And was always flirting with him when not trying to steal his robot. Tbh that's the part I got the most laughs over. Such a unique idea! (NOTICE ME SENPAI!). And the TR knockoffs being literal rocket scientists was a laugh too... But yeah this was pretty obscure, I'd be surprised if they even finished scanlating it tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread