Manga search not working properly

I am a refugee from kissmanga and my problem is that the search function isn't working properly. What I mean by that is that the exclusion features don't seem to be fully working. One of the themes I had excluded in my manga search was genderswap, but I kept getting several Manga with that tag. These are the parameters I input:

https://mangadex.org/search?demos=1,3&statuses=1,2&tag_mode_exc=all&tag_mode_inc=all&tags=-12,-25,-28,-30,-37,-38,-50,-59,-62,-74,-76,23

and a few of the novels that popped up even though they shouldn't:

-https://mangadex.org/title/43540/fantasy-bishoujo-juniku-ojisan-to(Genderswap)
-https://mangadex.org/title/253/trinity-seven(Harem)
-https://mangadex.org/title/51808/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-ii(Harem)

Those are just a few of novels that should have been excluded, especially since I set the tag exclusion to ALL instead of OR.
Also a random suggestion of mine is to add a male/female protagonist tag if possible, would be appreciated if it could be done, if not, also cool. Pls just figure out why the tag exclusion feature isn't working.

Dex-chan lover
I think the exclude all/any thing is more like "exclude manga that have ALL these tags together" so maybe try looking into the titles that appear when you search with "any"

Fed-Kun's army
@TehGodofDoooom

For exlcusion you should use Any (Or). What the "All" exclusion means that, the search will exclude results that have combination of all the tags you have listed, any results outside that combination will be fine and not be excluded.

Also, consider switching to Checkboxes mode.

Thanks!, it appears to do the trick, setting the exclusion mode to OR. Too used to kissmanga's settings after using it for a decade.
I've been using checkboxes mode since it resembles kissmanga's advance search somewhat.
how do you @ someone?

Aggregator gang
Also, please make filter for
Manga Only
Manhua Only
Manhwa Only
Because I was getting annoying for eveytime I search certain manga, all of them popped simulatenously.

In addition, Please Add Tags For
Shoujo
Seinen
Josei
Shounen
This is the most basic tags on Advanced Search.

Fed-Kun's army
@hartex92 Choose Original language and check the Demographic you want. They are all in the advanced search already.

Dex-chan lover
In addition, Please Add Tags For
Shoujo
Seinen
Josei
Shounen
Lmao what. As MavB said, this is under the 'Demographic' section for each manga, and it is in the search options.

Aggregator gang
@bigtiddyoneesan
@MavB_Ver
That was in Advanced Search dude, not in Mangadex Settings. It was 2 entirely different options in your homepages.
If you are using Advanced Search, I already know from the beginning but it still shown all of them. What I mean is you can use it without Advanced Search settings because it will pain in the ass to show it everytime I opened this homepages. Thats why I get annoyed when in homepages they are still unorganized. The only way I did that is by locking them in Bookmarks for that feature

Fed-Kun's army
@hartex92

If you mean you want to get rid of them on yhe homepage a.k.a blacklisting them then go to the Suggestions forum and read the pinned post. They are already planned.

And you are misunderstanding something. This thread is about the advanced search, no?

Dex-chan lover
@hartex92
Ok, I see what you mean now. In your original post though, there wasn't an indicator that you were referring to sorting/filtering the titles on the homepage specifically. As this thread was in regards to the search feature, it would make sense for your post to be interpreted as concerning the search feature.

If we're talking about sorting the results on the homepage, then I can agree with you that, generally, the more sorting options the better.

Aggregator gang
@bigtiddyoneesan
It was my mistake too because I forget to say what kind of search filter I mean on my posts and I just suggesting that Mangadex need better search option too by adding them in Mangadex Settings (Top-Right homepage)

@MavB_Ver
I didnt talking about Advanced Search, but customized search filter on our Mangadex Settings on Top-Right homepage.
Also, I forget to adding what I want to say about that before which caused this misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread