Maou-jou de Oyasumi - Ch. 229 - Attack on Dragon Old Man

Dex-chan lover
Why did you decide to translate this manga even tho the current scanlation team (kirei cake) is actively translating this manga with good quality?, and you're late too with the upload

Tbf when they started kirei cake was near 10 chapters behind but, kirei mass released and caught up quickly when these guys started and they translated the complete rest of the series so yeah, idk, I'd assume most of us are sticking with kirei.

@Rel_
One. "Good quality"? Said QUALITY was the main reason why I took this up in the first place. You know it's a sad state of affairs when anon-translated chapters from vol.14 look and read better than those from a scanlation group. This is a rare good manga in my book, and it deserves better, simple as that.
Two. I'm not trying to compete in speed. Fuck that, I'm not lowering myself to shitty speedscanlating for the sake of view count or donation begging when it's presentable quality I'm after. And FYI last time Kirei was slower.
Three. This is mostly to provide a decent up-to-date alternative until the official releases catch up (13 volumes released so far, the English title is "Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle", you might wanna check it out and compare it with kirei's, it will open your eyes on QUALITY, accuracy and readability of their translation).
tldr; stick with whatever, your choice, and no one says otherwise, but it's my choice to keep working on this project whether you like it or not.

Aggregator gang
sniper, no sniping!
sniper, no sniping!
say it with me, now...
sniper, no sniping!!

What Kirie-San said is actually true. If you check chapter 71, I've posted Viz translation version of that one page and you can compare it to Kirei's.

As for me, it's fun to read both translations.

Aggregator gang
Dragon "Old Man" vs Dragon Uncle tells you everything you need to know about how much this translation lacks, compared to the group who has been working on it for years.

This translation is actually more accurate and makes more sense. I would still go with Kirei for the names though, since I'm so use to them already. I've read both translations and all the Viz ones that came out so far. It's fun to compare them. Thank you for translating.

Users who are viewing this thread