Maou-jou de Oyasumi - Vol. 13 Ch. 168 - Hey~ It's Your Demon Castle Home

Supporter
The arts and crafts from your edgy teenager phase... the worst karmic punishment!

But on the other hand, if we want the rewards of being loved, we must submit to the mortifying ordeal of being known.

Dex-chan lover
Haha -- First thing princess does is check under the table. Thanks for the translations!!! 🍵🍵🍵

Glad this mini arc is over. Its the only arc thus far that felt out of place with the story. I'm not sure why either. Forced drama? Too serious? Something broke down that felt unnatural.

.... Oh wait, I know what it is. Our narrator died. The one who tells us that what everyone is thinking is completely wrong. Normally we get a pileup of misunderstandings, but in this mini arc all we got was Creep Monk without must comic relief (just a couple scenes of sleeping princess).
Maybe it would have sat better with me if Nudist had noted how their knowledge on Demon Monk was just as creepy as Demon Monk's knowledge on princess. Or if the narrator retorted to him wondering if he was the odd one in the group. But lack of that made it feel like a different story to me

I felt like the reason the other demons were confused by Leo's Missing Person Poster in one of the previous chapters was because the current him was too different from the past him. If there were any demons around Leo's age in that place, they would probably be more used to the old Leo rather than the current one. Not to mention he changed his clothes and magically grew out his hair. Most of the demons in Leo's home town also happens to act a lot like past Leo, now that I think about it. I don't think Leo really went home for visits in the past either since he did mention that he didn't like his hometown, while he was on the train. I think there was also one chapter that mentions that he rarely leaves the castle. I believe it was the one where the Princess was running off to the human world to buy some pillow thing.

Users who are viewing this thread