Maou Reijou no Shikousha - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Well it was kinda hinted, she looked human but part of the demon world. She also became quite 'intoxicated' when it became night time and she seemed to stare at the monster's blood. I guess she was tortured (and her bat wings torn off) by humans in the past.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this story would be a lot better if it just chilled a bit and spun its wheels, letting characters discuss the world, their motivations and so on. It's currently jumping scene to scene too quickly.
And this is coming from a person who likes that kind of thing.

Dex-chan lover
This is the third different japanese media I see “True Ancestors” being used related to Vampires. Is it something to their culture to use that terminology?

Dex-chan lover
This is the third different japanese media I see “True Ancestors” being used related to Vampires. Is it something to their culture to use that terminology?
Have you read anything like Rosario+Vampire before? (I do recommend that one for part 2's action scenes, they're awesome)

True Ancestors, known as Shinso (in Japanese media), are a concept first popularized (AFAIK) in the original Dracula literature - i.e. the older the vampire, the stronger they are. The ideas behind this vary, but usually it's because they're the closest to whatever power originally spawned them, and are thus the ones holding the largest portion of might in their race. Later, lower-tier vampires are of "diluted blood" or whatever other explanation a specific piece of media uses, and thus have far more restricted, or complete absence of, vampiric powers.

A good example of this is that a lot of lower-tier vampires in media will have regenerative capabilities, but a Shinso will have such incredible durability and regeneration that they could literally be diced into thousands of pieces and regenerate from that.

Supporter
Wait, Nel Ermel is [the devil]? So she's the one who put a curse on the Death Mound Great Wolf?
Rurunoa was also cursed with a magic sealing spell at the start - aren't they supposed to invetigate that?
You really deciphered that one fast, I didnt even notice…

Dex-chan lover
Wait, Nel Ermel is [the devil]? So she's the one who put a curse on the Death Mound Great Wolf?
Rurunoa was also cursed with a magic sealing spell at the start - aren't they supposed to invetigate that?
Yeah, this is what I came into this comment section for. If her identity as The Devil isn't even supposed to be secret, it seems like a real surprising thing to have her not be a suspect in her sister's cursing (though it could also be a conspiracy, with the Demon King being "unable to help because of his position" being fluff too).

It also makes me wonder how long they're going to have Shu walking around in the castle before someone decides to bring up that "oh yeah, this one princess? She's the one who damned you to a cursed mindless existence", or if that's just gonna be one of those anime/manga things that just forever goes unsaid because of Reasons.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Were they calling this place "Evernight" before it got cursed with eternal darkness? Cause if so, that's one hell of a coincidence

Users who are viewing this thread