March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 15 Ch. 163 - Path (3)

Thanks again for the chapter and your hard work, we really appreciate you always finding the time to bring us a chapter.
I really respect tanaka, he took care of his family regardless of the price, plus once his sons went off to college he reinvented his play style and improved by a lot it seems.
I really don't think Rei gives himself enough credit in how hard he works or the things he does for the people he cares about, but I'm really looking forward to see the outcome of this match. I have a feeling this will help Rei grow a lot.

Power Uploader
What use is there comparing himself to Tanaka?

Tanaka is an adult and probably had a normal childhood. The burdens he took on later were from his own choices.

Rei got his burdens almost his whole life, from when he was a kid. They are not any lighter.

I just wanted to add how much I love the characters in 3 Gatsu no Lion, they all feel so unique,well written, and real.

can't wait for the sisters to show up again, hopefully they're in the next arc.

What use is there comparing himself to Tanaka?

Tanaka is an adult and probably had a normal childhood. The burdens he took on later were from his own choices.

Rei got his burdens almost his whole life, from when he was a kid. They are not any lighter.

I think that's the point. Rei's whole schtick is his feelings of guilt, especially for things that are really out of his control. I can only imagine this arc ending with Tanaka helping him tackle this a bit.

Ooh is Rei losing now?
Also, turns out Tanaka-san isn't just some goofy relaxed old man playing shogi

I'm excited to see where Umino takes this series
Rei getting further character growth
Rei and Hinas relationship progress
Shogi
Akari/shimada/teacher
or something new
I can easily see this series going above 200 chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, this chapter is awesome.

On the side note, I can’t dare to think about forcing my future partner to stay at home and leave behind her career.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kirin-kun

I understand where you’re getting at. But most of Rei’s hardship is mentally, while that dude’s is both physically and mentally, regardless of choice. I’m not saying Rei’s mental burden is light or anything, but considering his personality, he would compare himself to others unequally.

Now I really fell in love, there's still a lot of sexism when it comes to women working in Japan and he was so nice letting her chase her dream and share raising the kids.

Dex-chan lover
This is such a fantastic chapter. The way Rei compares his "baggage" is so relatable. Also Tanaka is now best girl for sure.

Dex-chan lover
@CyBerK don't forget that Rei also supports himself while barely being in highschool and helps the sisters out, so that isn't really something to sneeze at

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun "The burdens he took on later were from his own choices" This is some heartless words. Is it his choice that his two sons are sickly? All parents want their children to be born healthy. Or you want to say he shouldn't get married and have kids if they brings him hardship?
Rei has burdens but he is healthy and well-fed, he is financially independent, he didn't get abused by his adopted parents either. His burden is only him but Tanaka's burden is his entirely family.

@beperov While it is impressive , it is nothing to the kids who have to do manual labors to feed themselves and their family. Rei gets money by doing what he likes, playing Shogi.

@Kirin-kun
It's mainly because they are sitting in front of each other in an official match, like they both had to put a lot of work to get there, so Rei starts thinking who put more work than the other and so on. It´s part of Rei's personality, like that time he didn't want to win against that old man who was about to retire. It's not a healthy way of thinking in the middle of the match for sure, just goes to show how inmature he still is.

@miyako19
Even if is not manual labors, Rei's way of living is still way out of the ordinary. By the age of 16, he already had an steady income of money, including savings, with an apparment for himself, and he managed to work and study, while also cooking, cleaning and shopping all by himself. And he has maintened this life for 3 years by now. That's a feat even adults have difficulty achieving.
And by the way, it has never been clear if Rei actually likes shogi. He started playing to impress his father when he was a kid, and then kept playing to run away from reality, and now his life depends on it so he can´t stop, or so he thinks. Like, it's obvious to think he does like it, but he has never said so himself i think, and he always plays because he has to more than because he wants to.

Users who are viewing this thread