March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 15 Ch. 166 - Path (6)

Dex-chan lover
rei seriously matures and develops through the whole series and that's why this is one of my favorite mangas I hope the anime can get a 3rd season someday because studio shaft really does this series justice

Wow, yeah. I really just realized kiriyama haven't even said he wants to be meijin or to gain a title, it was just what people have said about him. Kiriyama himself really just plays shogi to survive more than anything.

Also, looks like we get to have our family life session now after the shogi session ended with his talk with Tanaka 7-dan

Dex-chan lover
Aw they HAVE TO be dating by now lol

Also sorry sensei but I can’t ship you with sensei

I want the thin shogi player to be with Akari... it just feels so odd with sensei

Sensei invite kawamoto-sisters to dinner, .......
make me to want support him for akari-san
akari-san ship pretty good
either Shimada-san and Hayashida-sensei is good man
which one will end up with akari-san, hope he can bring happiness to akari-san

I'd like to think that Rei has got some clarity about his situation now. His identity is no longer just about shogi; he's got people who care for him, and that's something he can hold on to - more than his job as a pro player.

Two chapters, my Birthday must have come super early.
Thanks again for all the hard work on getting the chapter out.
Yea, Rei and Hina has to be Dating now, they just have this new air about them.
That look Hina gives him now is just so cute, it’s amazing seeing how far Rei has come.
I need more Rei and Hina goodness!!!

Dex-chan lover
Every time i read this.. I feel like crying. But it's not tears of sadness.. It's like... tears for Rei growing up to live his best life.. sniff oh man
Many thanks

I wonder if the author is ever going to spell it out for us regarding Rei and Hina.

Umino got me at showing Rei waking up & carrying on with his day, and she continued to get me in every panel possible. That "good job" from Tanaka was the smallest thing to happen, yet it had me crying because I never expected someone in the shogi field to tell Rei they're happy for him holding on, not because of shogi. Don't get me wrong, the shogi players are good people, but Tanaka's talk felt more like he came from the perspective of a father who just wants to see his son grow up well. Or maybe it's just me & that new story about Rei's dad got me good.

All in all, great update. Thank you, translating team :'D

g8WmJ0gwHKu8AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Double-page supporter
Dam, super impact-ful stuff just went down this chapter ... literally no one has really given him that acknowledgment to him verbally, and for Tanaka to give it to him while connecting to him in a somewhat more fatherly figure must have been something crazy for Kiriyama to get. This chapter is getting me emotional as hell

Double-page supporter
I really hope Rei can grow to love shogi and find enjoyment in it.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Those depicted feelings are something I hope to call my own one day.

Users who are viewing this thread