Matagi Gunner - Ch. 41 - You've Been Invited, Jin-san

Dex-chan lover
...why do people think having kids means you're married?
There's other ways to indicate you're a couple than marriage.
(this isn't an excuse to prevent same sex couple from marrying before someone stupid ask)
Heck, you could have a kid out of a one off, some people keep them.

Dex-chan lover
...why do people think having kids means you're married?
There's other ways to indicate you're a couple than marriage.
(this isn't an excuse to prevent same sex couple from marrying before someone stupid ask)
Heck, you could have a kid out of a one off, some people keep them.
Actually, Sofia knew Shota-kun before that and just asked if Meg is married now (after seeing the dad), so I bet Sofia assumed Meg is a single mom without getting married from the start (because no ex-husband is ever mentioned).

Dex-chan lover
This series has become mostly bad slice-of-life. The chapter used seventy six panels, but the story barely advanced.

Dex-chan lover
Well that saved us half an arc trying to get the guy here. I'm just gonna assume that he caught a bus instead of dwelling on it like I usually have a bad habit of doing.

Didn't expect him to be Shota's pa though. But I guess it makes sense; if Jin was a gamer coach, or more specifically, Meguro's coach, those long hours training would've made them closer to the point of a one-night-stand resulting in pregnancy. And something tells me that Jin wasn't ready for that kinda news and dropped off the map running as a result, causing both of them to retire from the game.

But again, I could very well be wrong. I feel confident in this being close to what could be the official explanation, but if I did get something wrong, then I deserve a big one of these :slap:

Dex-chan lover
because that's the entire purpose of the institution of marriage
...no?
Marriage is just a declaration to the church (country if civil marriage) that you are a couple.
It's not a necessary step in any way to have kids.
The only thing marriage provide is security in case of divorce or death of one of the party (that and aid subsidies, shared bank account, etc..).

Dex-chan lover
Do not post political content.
...no?
Marriage is just a declaration to the church (country if civil marriage) that you are a couple.
It's not a necessary step in any way to have kids.
The only thing marriage provide is security in case of divorce or death of one of the party (that and aid subsidies, shared bank account, etc..).
wrong
Mr Keyes explains this better than me

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
wrong
Mr Keyes explains this better than me
...Why are you referencing a politician, someone who just wants your (bigoted) vote, instead of the true definition of marriage, that is from a dictionnary:

marriage​

noun

mar·riage ˈmer-ij
ˈma-rij

Synonyms of marriage
a
see usage paragraph below : the state of being united as spouses in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law
b
: the mutual relation of married persons : WEDLOCK
c
: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected
especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities

: an intimate or close union
the marriage of painting and poetry—J. T. Shawcross

Last edited by a moderator:
Double-page supporter
Because ideally, and commonly,

(disregarding things like the modern times and higher rates of divorce depending in certain places and the like, though I am actually not very knowing of those other places to be honest)

one marries and prepares for supporting their new family before making a child, I may have missed things to say, but it is something like that?

Edit: But yeah,
someone who is not young should be more aware others' situation can be quite different…

Dex-chan lover
OK, so Jin is pretty much a drunk with no passion in life, but it seems he's still very bright! After all, Meg still invited him to help coach Matagi Gunner. Will he also help take care of his son?

I'm just surprised that Yamano found him. But then again, he does go through a lot of coincidences...

Users who are viewing this thread