Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 136 - Gathering

Dex-chan lover
I mean this is exactly what me and everyone has been talking about in the previous chapters. Ren is an utter buffoon too drunk on her own power to think that shes an obstacle when they can just go AROUND her. Yeah sure they might not be able to kill her but that doesn't stop them from killing everyone else. There are powers she can't neutralize, and i bet the curse is one of them.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, you don't really have the upperhand. You've taken out three of their members. Yes. However, you haven't found out the location of their hideout, the identities and/or abilities of the other members, nor have you a way to actually stop them from attacking humans (something that you have to protect). At best, you've probably leveled the playing field and are currently at a stalemate with one another. The Gods presumably can't act against you directly due to your strength, but you can't act against them due to your lack of information on them. However with Ren's arrogance as well as some of the top brass's greed for Mato resources, along with the potential disunity amongst the Anti-demon corp and the research group who had experimented on Yuuki's sister, the leveled playing field is probably gonna get knocked over with the Gods gaining the most benefits out of it and humanity suffering some noticeable losses.

Either way, it'll be one hell of a ride.

Dex-chan lover
for some reason this chapter is in a volume, and the previous 2 is not, and now they are above it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually curious how things will develop.

The standard development would be for Ren's dumbass to get outsmarted and violently humbled, but at the same time the standard development would also be for the bad guy's plan to go to shit if they reveal it to the audience beforehand.

As of now, it's like a competition between Ren and Shikoku to see who will collect more "I'm about to eat shit" flags.

Dex-chan lover
I mean this is exactly what me and everyone has been talking about in the previous chapters. Ren is an utter buffoon too drunk on her own power to think that shes an obstacle when they can just go AROUND her. Yeah sure they might not be able to kill her but that doesn't stop them from killing everyone else. There are powers she can't neutralize, and i bet the curse is one of them.

She isnt a buffoon, she is taking a gamble knowing she is taking a gamble and willing to do so.

She is in fact that powerful, if you want to argue she is "too drunk on her power" then explain how? She thinks she can power over any trap and that is true if its some kind of a ambush, in a fight she can win as the Gods even said as much, also at no point we had any indication they can do what they are trying to do, after all the Gods thenselves they cannot curse ... this is new, its not a flaw of judgement to not consider a ability they never displayed and one that they would used already if they could instead of the gamble.

Also we all know this wont work as, to the disappointment of Akane no Kill fans, this is not that type of series and after 130+ chapters wont suddenly turn into it, or at least its not likely so question is how this will play out since the the Commander Election is still up and its strange Ren asked Yuuki for his opinion and she is cleaver enough to know what Yuuki answer would be, chances are this because the issue at the Commander Ellection and Ren is using this to gather support for her re-ellection.

Last this curse cannot be "oh and everyone dies now" otherwise they wouldnt bother, it seems their plan rests of they taking it as if its the Mato power and then comes questions about it since I doubt Ren would take it as face value since she knows its a trap.

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling bullshit on the peace deal. Besides, Ren is not dumb enough to fall for a trap. She definitely have something planned already.
Instead of proactively stopping the problem, she believes her power, and the power of those around her, will be good enough to deal with problems if(when) they arise.

Instead of unloading the gun, she's trusting in her bullet-proof vest.

Double-page supporter
Cocky much, both of them. Also, I doubt Kyouka will win the election unless Yuuki somehow manages to gain a massive power boost from either accessing the power of the god or draw out more power from his other form since power seems to be a pretty important factor in the election.

Users who are viewing this thread