Me and Renee and Blue Skies - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - The grand finale: Rene's decision

Dex-chan lover
This random average manga with very few chapters was something I ran into very early into my manga reading life, so despite being something I wouldn't give a second thought about nowadays, I was obsessed with this for years hoping to see the ending. Thank you for translating this.

That being said, the ending is obviously rushed and axe like, it was decent enough though.

I re-read the manga before the ending and realised that the relation between Soichi and Rene is very shippy, the author clearly intends it to be somewhat romantic, and this ending was the only wholesome way to show them ending up together.

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading this a long time ago and glad to see its ending.
Totally concurred with the credits page, the ending is quite satisfying while at the same time shows that the series is cut short somehow.

That said, I can see how complicated this series could become if it was to run longer, for instance “is Rene even going to school?” (She should at that age, but her parent being like that… who knows) and other questions that will pop out as she is growing, also how long is Soichi going to/can stay there to take care of Rene (at some point he got to graduate and make a living).
So it ended here is not such a bad thing.

Group Leader
This random average manga with very few chapters was something I ran into very early into my manga reading life, so despite being something I wouldn't give a second thought about nowadays, I was obsessed with this for years hoping to see the ending. Thank you for translating this.

That being said, the ending is obviously rushed and axe like, it was decent enough though.

I re-read the manga before the ending and realised that the relation between Soichi and Rene is very shippy, the author clearly intends it to be somewhat romantic, and this ending was the only wholesome way to show them ending up together.
Yeah, probably the author intended to develop a romantic relationship between them later, but it's difficult to say what he had in mind for the rest of the story. The ending was surely rushed, but it was satisying as I said.

Double-page supporter
Yup, axed ending.....
Even if the same ending was done but more elaborated I would still disagree, I wish Rene had fought a little bit more and I would have threatened mother by saying " if you think there is nothing bad about abandoning your daughter then you don't see any problem with making it public right?"
Damn parents doing this shit makes me mad.

Dex-chan lover
As I thought, Rene would end up choosing Soichi over Seiran. I wish we got more slice of life chapters with Soichi and Rene kind of like Shirogane no Nina, but with an art focus. But I love the message of tackling your passion unconditionally and found family vs blood connection. It was satisfying to see Seiran give in and try to play the mother role as a consolation only for Rene to jump into Soichi's arms instead.

Both Rene and Seiran have made their choice and came to a respect and understanding of each other in a weird way. I may not agree with Seiran but something about her devotion to her work and lifestyle definitely is magnetic. And now Rene and her mom are rivals with Rene having time and potential on her side in opposition to Seiran's numerous experiences and thirst for knowledge. It would have been cool to see the manga even evolve into something tackling this idea in depth, but you can't have everything.

A great ending to a manga I read years ago.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Unbelievable… didn’t think I’d finally see the day this work got completely translated. Ai Yori Aoshi was so good, so it’s great we get to finish another one of the author’s works.

Shunga! Thank you so so SO MUCH for finishing the translation on this. I remember reading this a very very long ago and was sad when I saw that the translations stopped. Honestly despite the rushed ending, I'm still very happy that I got to see it and it's all thanks to you Shunga! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you <3

Dex-chan lover
Axed or not, that's a satisfyingly bittersweet ending. We can only hope that:
1. Rene becomes more famous than her mother could ever hope.
2. Her mother grows old and regrets not having her daughter in her life.

Dex-chan lover

I was actually working on this manga almost 2 years ago. I cleaned and translated several of the chapters, but never finished. I had planned to finish chs 16-21, but I ended up joining several scanlation groups and have had other priorities. Thankfully, I've also improved my skills a lot since then.

I am glad to see this get released, but I will readily admit that one of the reasons I never finished and released those chapters was because of the axe. There was clearly a lot more story to tell, but suddenly everything had to get wrapped up in those last 2 or 3 chapters.

I love manga focused on art or food, and this one had some great art (characters are pretty simple but the backgrounds are phenomenal). Just sad to see it cut short.

Users who are viewing this thread